新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   >>中国XML论坛<<     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 本版讨论SVG, GML, X3D, VRML, VML, XAML, AVALON, Batik等基于XML的图形技术,以及有关GIS的应用。
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区XML.ORG.CN讨论区 - 高级XML应用『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』 → CREATE JPEGS AUTOMATICALLY WITH SVG 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 4492 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: CREATE JPEGS AUTOMATICALLY WITH SVG 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     lychen1109 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:6
      头衔:超级潜水员
      等级:大一新生
      文章:97
      积分:607
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2003/10/6

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给lychen1109发送一个短消息 把lychen1109加入好友 查看lychen1109的个人资料 搜索lychen1109在『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看lychen1109的博客楼主
    发贴心情 CREATE JPEGS AUTOMATICALLY WITH SVG

发信人: clyb (心静如水), 信区: XML
    标  题: CREATE JPEGS AUTOMATICALLY WITH SVG
    发信站: 饮水思源 (2003年10月08日10:11:47 星期三)

CREATE JPEGS AUTOMATICALLY WITH SVG
    Use Scalable Vector Graphics to create images by the dozen
    Level: Introductory

Benoit Marchal (bmarchal@pineapplesoft.com)
    Consultant, Pineapplesoft

In this tip, Benoit Marchal discusses a pragmatic approach to Scalable Vector
    Graphics (SVG). Until the SVG viewer becomes as ubiquitous as the Macromedia F
    lash player, it will be difficult to incorporate SVG images directly into a We
    b site. In the meantime, Web developers benefit from generating JPEGs and othe
    r bitmaps through SVG. SVG is especially helpful because it is pure XML.

Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) is an image format developed by the W3C. Since
    it is based on XML, you can generate images through stylesheets and other XML
    scripts. This makes SVG a valuable addition to a Web developer and webmaster t
    oolkit. In this tip, I'll show you how to use SVG to generate images automatic
    ally, such as from statistical data.

SVG is an XML vocabulary for describing vector images. The two types of images
    are: bitmap and vector. A bitmap (JPEG, GIF, or PNG file) is a grid of pixels
    that represents an image. A vector image (SVG or Macromedia Flash) describes
    the image in terms of basic shapes such as circle, rectangle, lines, or curves
    . Adobe Photoshop is an editor for bitmaps, while Adobe Illustrator is an edit
    or for vector images.

Bitmaps tend to be larger files and are more difficult to resize without losin
    g quality. Imagine an image with a circle 50 pixels in diameter. The correspon
    ding bitmap must be at least 50 x 50 pixels in size, or 2,500 individual pixel
    s. If the circle had a diameter of 100 pixels, the bitmap would be 100 x 100 p
    ixels in size, making it four times as large (10,000 individual pixels). JPEG,
    GIF, and PNG files are compressed to reduce file size. While compression help
    s to a certain extent, bitmaps still tend to be larger than vector images.

Indeed, the corresponding vector image has only one instruction: "Draw a circl
    e of 50 pixels." Furthermore, the larger circle does not require a significant
    ly larger file (it becomes "draw a circle of 100 pixels"). Unfortunately, not
    every image can be decomposed in basic shapes -- for example, it does not work
    with photos. So bitmaps play a useful role, but for those images that can be
    decomposed into basic shapes such as diagrams, logos, and chemical formulas, a
    vector file format is inherently more efficient.

Making a bitmap bigger or smaller results in loss of image quality. Indeed, wh
    en you double the dimensions of the pixel grid, you have four times as many pi
    xels so you need to extrapolate almost three quarters of the image! Conversely
    , to double a vector image, you simply draw larger shapes.

Today, the most popular vector format on the Web is Macromedia Flash -- a grea
    t format supported by several vendors, but it is also a proprietary tool. SVG
    is a new standard, developed by the W3C, as an alternative to Flash.

The Web design community has much discussed the wisdom (or lack thereof) of us
    ing SVG instead of Flash. The main concern is that while Flash is available to
    97 percent of PC users, SVG is not yet as widespread. Things may change and,
    since SVG is a standard, you should expect that browsers will eventually suppo
    rt it, but it may take years before it is as ubiquitous as Flash.

Even though it is not as readily available as Flash, using SVG today still has
    its advantages. One of the attractions of SVG is that it is an XML vocabulary
    , so it is easy to tweak SVG files with familiar tools such as XML parsers, sc
    ripts, and XSL stylesheets. To work around the lack of browser support, it is
    possible to convert SVG images into formats that are widely supported, such as
    GIFs or JPEGs.

Apache offers an open-source SVG renderer, Batik (see http://xml.apache.org/ba
    tik/). Batik comes in different forms and shapes, including a browser to view
    images, tools to create images, and a rasterizer. I'm most interested in the r
    asterizer, since it can convert SVG files to bitmaps.

Enough talk -- it's time to code. Listing 1 is a Python script that creates a
    bar chart from a set of data. Note that you don't have to use Python for this
    tip to work -- Perl, JavaScript, the Java language, and, most importantly, XSL
    stylesheets work equally well. The point is that since SVG files are XML, any
    XML tool is appropriate.

---------------------------------------------------------------------
    Listing 1. printsvg.py
    from sys import stdin

def read_data():
       data = []
       line = stdin.readline()
       while line != '\n' and line != '':
          data.append(line.split())
          line = stdin.readline()
       return data

def print_bars(data):
       position = 0
       for i in data:
          height = int(i[1]) * 2
          if height > 200:
             height = 200
          print '       <rect x="%(x)i" y="%(y)i" width="30" \
    height="%(height)i"/>' % { 'x': position * 40 + 10,
                               'y': 200 - height, 'height': height }
          print '       <text x="%(x)i" y="215">%(text)s\
    </text>' % { 'text': i[0], 'x' : position * 40 + 20 }
          position += 1
       return

def print_svg(data):
       print u'<?xml version="1.0"?> \
    \n<svg xmlns="http://www.w3.org/2000/svg" \
    \n     id="body" \
    \n     width="%(width)i" \
    \n     height="220" \
    \n     viewBox="0 0 %(width)i 220"> \
    \n     <polyline style="stroke:black; fill:none" id="axis" \
    points="0,0 0,200 %(width)i,200"/> \
    \n     <g id="boxes" style="stroke:black; fill:green; \
    text-anchor: middle">' % { 'width': len(data) * 40 + 10 }
       print_bars(data)
       print '    </g> \
    \n</svg>'
       return

if __name__ == "__main__":
       print_svg(read_data())

In Listing 1, I kept the bar chart simple. First the script draws the axis, th
    en it loops over the data and draws the bars as rectangles. It also draws labe
    ls as text. It would not be difficult to improve on the graphics, like drawing
    the bars in 3D or using different colors. If you'd like to learn more about w
    riting SVG shapes, check the developerWorks tutorials:

Introduction to Scalable Vector Graphics
    http://www.ibm.com/developerworks/edu/x-dw-xsvg-i.html?ca=dnx-338

Interactive, dynamic Scalable Vector Graphics http://www.ibm.com/developerwork
    s/edu/x-dw-xiactsvg-i.html?ca=dnx-338

The script is a filter, so it expects its input from the standard input and it
    writes the results on the standard output. It expects the data to be presente
    d in lines where each line holds two pieces of data -- the line label and a pe
    rcentage. Use the redirection operators to work with files, as in:

python printsvg.py < data.txt > chart.svg

Listing 2 is a sample data set. Obviously, you can generate dozens of images i
    n seconds by feeding different data sets to the script. This can be useful in
    statistical applications.

Listing 2. data.txt
    Jan. 43
    Feb. 34
    Mar. 98
    Apr. 29
    May  52
    Jun. 33
    Jul. 15
    Aug. 11
    Sep. 65
    Oct. 78
    Nov. 98
    Dec. 87

To convert the SVG image to a more common format, install the Batik rasterizer
    (see http://xml.apache.org/batik/) and issue the following
    command:

java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar chart.svg

Running the script in Listing 1 with the data from Listing 2 will ultimately p
    roduce the image in Figure 1, which you can see by clicking this link:

http://www-106.ibm.com/developerworks/xml/library/x-tipjpeg/#IDASFWIB

By default, the rasterizer creates PNG files. If you'd rather create JPEGs, us
    e the following command:

java -jar batik-rasterizer.jar -m image/jpeg -q 0.8 chart.svg

The -m specifies the image MIME type and the -q is the quality factor for the
    JPEG (a number between 0 and 1).

The main benefit of using SVG and the Batik toolkit to produce images through
    XML is that every XML tool, including scripts and stylesheets, is now suitable
    to produce Web graphics.

I illustrated the technique with a bar chart, but the same technique applies f
    or other images such as navigation buttons, technical drawings, and UML models
    . Note that you do not have to generate the entire image in your script. To im
    port logos and other graphics created with an image editor, such as Adobe Illu
    strator, follow these steps:

1. In the image editor, save the image as SVG.
    2. In the script, insert the following instruction:
    <use xlink:href="logo.svg"/>

With the Batik rasterizer and the flexibility of XML, you will find no shortag
    e of applications for SVG.

收藏   分享  
    顶(0)

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2003/10/8 9:57:00

temp 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

文章:22
      积分:102
      注册:2003/10/9

给temp发送一个短消息 把temp加入好友 查看temp的个人资料 搜索temp在『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看temp的博客2
    发贴心情 
    大哥
    有中文的吗
    看英文太累了
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2003/10/10 7:51:00

dancewing 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大一(高数修炼中)
      文章:43
      积分:149
      注册:2003/10/6

给dancewing发送一个短消息 把dancewing加入好友 查看dancewing的个人资料 搜索dancewing在『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看dancewing的博客3
    发贴心情 
    DW 有中文的教程,我也上传了一个整理成doc的教程在版面上
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2003/10/10 12:15:00

wilth 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大一(高数修炼中)
      文章:11
      积分:108
      注册:2003/11/3

给wilth发送一个短消息 把wilth加入好友 查看wilth的个人资料 搜索wilth在『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看wilth的博客4
    发贴心情 
    如果我没记错的话,http://xml.apache.org/batik/有例子程序,我自己也试验过,后来删了。你们去下载一个batik1.5上面有做好的
    点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2003/11/3 21:34:00

GoogleAdSense

文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 SVG/GML/VRML/X3D/XAML 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/5/18 21:05:52

本主题贴数4,分页: [1]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    109.375ms