新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   >>中国XML论坛<<     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 计算机英语求助,计算机英语翻译互助
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区休息区『 计算机英语 』 → 求职 900 句[分享] 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 62814 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: 求职 900 句[分享] 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:7
      等级:博士一年级
      文章:4607
      积分:24021
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2004/8/30

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客11
    发贴心情 

Lesson 36 About the Job of a Secretary  关于秘书职务

662.What sort of responsibilities does this secretary's job involve? 贵公司的秘书工作有哪些职责?

663.This job is handling routine tasks,such as typing letters and documents,receiving visitors,answering phone calls and so on. 这项工作要处理日常常规工作,如打印信件和文件、接待来客、接电话等等。

664.I think I'll get familiar in no time. 我想我很快会熟悉的。

665.Moreover,how  is  your  English  ability?Do  you  think  you  could  handle  telephone  calls  in English? 此外,你英语水平如何?你能用英语打电话吗?

666.I think I can.My English scores were always on the top three of my class of 40 at school. 我想我能,我的英语成绩在我班 40 名同学中一直是前三名。

667.I am afraid you can't file in English. 恐怕你不会用英语处理文件。

668.But I'd be glad to learn,sir. 但我很愿学,先生。

669.I see in your application that you've several years’ experience in secretarial work.What kind of work were you doing at your previous employer's company? 从你的申请材料中看出你有多年秘书经历,你在以前的公司做什么工作?

670.I was in charge of the office in a general way.I supervised three other girls and also took care of the company's correspondence. 我负责一般日常工作。我督导其他三位女职员,我还负责处理公司的函件。

671.Did you take shorthand and do all the typing? 你工作中用速记吗?是否承担所有打字任务?

672.I  typed  all  the  letters  that  went  out  of  the  office.I  was  the  only  one  there  who  could  take shorthand.办公室发出的函件都由我打。我是办公室中惟一会速记的人。

673.How is your shorthand? 你的速记速度如何?

674.I can take dictation at ordinary speed. 我能听写记录正常速度的口授。

675.What courses have you taken in English Secretarial Studies? 你在英文秘书方面修了哪些课程?

676.I've taken such courses as secretarial principles,office ad-ministration,business English,public relations,etiquette  study,psychology,computer  programming,typing,stenography,and file-keeping.
    我修了秘书原理、办公管理、商务英语、公共关系学、礼仪学、心理学、计算机编程、打字、速记和档案管理。

677.Can you operate any office machines? 你能操作办公设备吗?

678.I can type 60 words per minute,and take dictation in English at 100 words per minute. 我每分钟能打 60 个字,每分钟可用英文记录口授 100 字。

679.I can operate a facsimile machine and a photostat. 我会操作传真机和复印机。

680.Where have you learned how to operate these machines? 你是在哪里学会操作这些机器的?

681.I learned how to operate them at ABC Company.I worked there for nearly two years. 这是在 ABC 公司学会操作这些机器的,我在那儿工作了近两年。

Dialogue B
    (I= Interviewer  主试人  A= Applicant  申请人)

A:May I come in?

I:Yes,please.

A:How do you do,sir?I'm Shuijng Cai.I've come for an inter-view as requested.

I:How do you do,Miss Cai?I'm Hongwei Guo,the office administrator,please take a seat.

A:Thank you,Mr. Guo.

I:Now let's get down to talk.First of all,would you please say something about yourself and family?

A:It's my pleasure to do so.I come from Dongguan city.My father is the manager of an import and export  company  in  Dongguan  and  my  mother  works  as  a  doctor  in  a  hospital.I have  an  elder brother.He is in the army.I am twenty-one years old.In 1992,I passed the National College Entrance  Examinations  and  was  admitted  into  Guangzhou  Institute  of  Foreign  Languages  as  an English Major.I specialize in English Secretarial Studies.

I:What courses have you taken in English Secretarial studies?

A:I've taken such courses as secretarial principles,office administration,business English,public relations , etiquette  study , psychology , computer  programming , typing , stenography  and
    file-keeping.

I:How are your typing and shorthand skills?

A:I can type 60 words per minute,and take dictation in English at 100 words per minute.

I:I'd like to try you out.Here's a pencil and a pad.Please take this letter:Johnson Trading Company, Sixteen  Regent  Street.Now  if  you  don't  mind,would  you  type  up  your  dictation  on  that typewriter?

A:Not at all,sir.(preceed to typing)Here you are,Mr. Guo.

I:Thanks.Humm,pretty good.No mistakes and very fast,too.But can you operate any other office machines?

A:Yes.I can operate a facsimile machine and a photostat.

I:Where have you learned how to operate these machines?

A:I learned how to operate them at Foreign Trade Corporation of Guangdong Province last summer.I
    worked there for nearly two months.

I:Oh,really?

A:Yes,it was a very helpful experience.

I:What did you work there,office work?

A:Yes,mostly office work and sometimes running errands.

I:Oh,very good,very good.You've had some practical experience in office work.By the way,
    have you had any experience as a guide?

A:Well,not exactly.But I have shown some of my foreign teachers around Guangzhou and the Pearl
    River Delta as well.

I:Once in a while we'll organize the members of this club to sightseeing around Guangzhou and the Pearl River Delta and I would like to be able to ask my secretary to take them to go sightseeing when there is not much to do in the office.

A:I think I would like that.

I:Fine.You are the very person we want.

A:Thank you,sir.

I:What salary would you expect to get?

A:As for salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.

I:Well,I believe we can offer you 2,500 yuan a month at the start.Would that be satisfactory?

A:Yes,I am quite satisfied.That would be more than I have expected.

I:What date can you start to work?

A:I won't be able to leave the institute until I get my diploma at the end of this month.How about early next month?

I:That'll do.Please come in on August 1st.Working hours are from eight to twelve in the morning and from two to six in the afternoon.We usually work for five days a week,but occasionally we have
    to work overtime.

A:Yes,sir.

I:I'll see you on August 1st then.Thank you very much for coming today.It'll be a pleasure to have you here.

A:Thank you,Mr. Guo.I'm sure I'll enjoy working here,too.

I:I hope so.Good-bye.

A:Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.Let's get down to talk,first of all... 让我们开始谈吧,首先…

2.In 1992,I passed the National College Entrance Examinations and was admitted into Guangzhou Institute of Foreign Languages as an English major.I specialize in English Secretarial Studies,
    1992 年我通过了高考,录取到广州外国语学院主修英语,我专攻英语文秘。

3.I would like to try you out. 我想考一考你。

4.Please take this letter:Johnson Trading Company,Sixteen Regent Street. 请记录这封信:摄政街 16 号,强臣贸易公司…

5.Yes,mostly office work and sometimes running errands. 是的,大部分是办公室工作,可有时跑外勤。

6.Well,not exactly.But I have shown some of my foreign teachers around Guangzhou and the Pear River Delta as well.嗯,不算真有,但我曾经带过我的一些外籍教师游览过广州市和珠江三角洲。

7.Once in a while we’11 organize the members of this club to sightsee around Guangzhou and the Pearl River Delta and I would like to be able to ask my secretary to take them to go sightseeing when there is not much to do in the office. 我们偶尔会组织本中心的会员游览广州市和珠江三角洲,在办公室没多少事干的时候,我希 望能叫我的秘书带他们去游览观光。

Words and Expressions

Administrator n.行政官员,管理官员
    office administrator 办公室主任
    first of all 首先
    admit v.允许进入,录取
    be admitted into 被…录取
    etiquette n.礼仪,格式
    stenography n.速记法
    pad n.便笺簿
    regent n.摄政王
    Sixteen Regent Street 摄政街 16 号
    Facsimile machine 传真机
    photostat n.v.复印,复印机
    errand n.差使,使命
    run errands 出差,跑腿
    go an errand 出差,跑腿

Lesson 37 About the Job of a Computer Programmer 关于电脑程序员职务

682.What kind of experience have you got for the job? 申请这项工作,你有什么工作经历?

683.I've been a data entry operator for more than two years. 我做数据输入操作员有两年了。

684.Why did you leave your job there?你为什么要离开呢?

685.Well,I enjoy working in different places and meeting new people.That will widen my experience
    in the field of computer technology. 噢,我喜欢在不同的环境中与不同的人一起工作,这会在电脑技术领域扩大我的经历。

686.What kind of education have you got? 你受过什么教育?

687.I studied computer science in Havard University,and got a M.S.degree.
    我曾在哈佛大学修电脑专业,获得了硕士学位。

688.I majored in computer science. 我主修电脑专业。

689.What specialized courses did you take? 你学过什么专业课程?

690.The specialized courses I completed include computer science,system design and analysis,operation systems,systems management,PASCAL programming,COBOL programming and D-BASE programming. 我学过的专业课程包括:计算机科学、系统设计及分析、操作系统、系统管理、PASCAL 编程、COBOL 编程和 D-BASE 编程。

691.I was quite familiar with Fortran and C Language. 我很熟悉 Fortran 和 C 语言。

692.After graduation I worked in a factory for two years and have picked up much experience in CAD.
    毕业后我在一家工厂干了两年,在 CAD 方面积累了不少经验。

693.What do you think about the recent development in computers? 你如何看待计算机行业在近几年内的发展?

694.Revolution in the computer industry is inevitable because developments in hardware are going ahead very quickly.But to turn the computer into a machine that can be easily manipulated, much  more  complex  software  is  needed  than  is  available  now.As  a  result,more  computer programmers should devote themselves into the work. 计算机行业的革命是不可避免的,因为硬件的发展十分迅速,但为了使计算机更易于操作, 需要更多复杂的软件,结果,也需要更多的程序员。

695.We have a vacancy for a computer programmer,working weekdays from 9∶00 a.m.to 3∶00 p.m.with half an hour lunch break.我们有一个电脑程序员的空缺,每天上班上午 9∶00 点至下午 3∶00 点,中间有半小时的 午餐休息时间。

696.What sort of software do you have a good command of? 你熟练使用哪些软件?

697.I'm adept at DOS,WINDOS,and AUTO CAD. 我熟练使用  DOS,WINDOS 和  AUTO CAD。

698.May I know what specific jobs I'll have to do if you employ me as a computer programmer? 请问,如果贵公司聘我为电脑程序员,我必须做些什么具体工作呢?

699.Well,you'll have to put in the computer our daily sales volume and profit margins and analyze them.Are you interested in the work? 噢,你得将我们每天的销售额和盈利情况输入电脑,并且进行分析。你对此项工作感兴趣吗?

Dialogue A
    (E= the Employer 雇主 O= Office Clerk 办公室职员  A= Applicant 申请人)

O:God morning,can I help you?

A:Yes.I have an appointment with Mr. Brian Desmoud.Will you please tell him I'm here?

O:Are you Mr. Dongming Chen?

A:Yes,I am.Is he availble?

O:I'm sorry,he is on the phone at the moment.Will you please wait a minute?

A:No problem.

(……)

O:Mr. Dongming Chen,Brian is available now.Please go through to his office.

(meeting the employer)

E:Hello,I'm Brian.Glad you can come.

A:I'm Dongming Chen.Nince to meet you.

E:Take a seat please.

A:Thanks.

E:What kind of education have you got?

A:I studied computer science in Nanjng University,and got a M.S.degree.

E:Fine.Would you mind telling me what kind of grades you had?

A:Of course not I had an average of 90 points.

I:What specialized courses did you take?

A:The  specialized  courses  I  completed  include  computer  science,system  design  and  analysis,operation  systems,systems  management,PASCAL programming,COBOL programming  and
    D-BASE programming.

E:Where are you working now?

A:I'm working at ABC Company.

E:What's your position there?

A:I'm a programmer supervisor.

E:What are your responsibilities?
    A:I'm responsible for writing computer programs:developing block diagrams,utilizing available software and operation systems,and coding machine instructions;originating block diagrams, working from outlines of proposed systems;developing file sizes,programming specifications; determining appropriate use of tape or disk files,printer,etc.;selecting in-house software or sub-routines to run in connection with program;writing machine instructions,testing,debugging,and assembling program;documenting overall system and developing data control procedures;advising and instructing less experienced programmers and offering operating instructions.

E:What kind of computer are you experienced in?

A:I'm experienced in all types of IBM-PC computers.

E:What kind o software do you have a good command of?

A:I'm adept at DOS,WINDOWS and AUTO-CAD.

E:How long have you been a programmer supervisor?

A:For more than four years.

E:Tell me why you decided to choose our office.

A:Well,I'm happy with the work at my present post.But I want to get better pay,to tell you the truth.

E:What's your present monthly salary?

A:Sixteen hundred yuan.

E:What starting salary would you expect here?

A:I'd like to start at twenty-six hundred yuan a month.

E:No problem.Do you have any questions to ask?

A:Is there opportunity to advance?

E:Yes,there're good prospects for promotion.

A:Good,this job should suit me well.

E:Can you start next Monday?

A:Sure.

E:That's settled then.I'm glad to be able to offer you the job.

A:Thank you,Brian.

E:See you next monday.

Notes  注释

1.Is he available? 他在不在?

2.I am a programmer supervisor. 我任程序员主管。

3.I'm responsible for writing computer programs:developing block diagrams,utilizing available software and operation systems,and coding machine instructions;originating block digrams, working from outlines of proposed systems;developing file sizes,programming specifications; determing appropriate use of tape or disk files,printer,etc. 我负责编制计算机程序:编制部件图;运用现有软件和操作系统编制机器指令;根据所用系 统的略图自编部件图;编制磁卡规格和程序规格;决定使用合适的磁盘、磁卡、打印机等等。

4.…  selecting in-house software of sub-routines to run in connection with program;writing machine instruction,testing,debugging,and  assembling  program;documenting  overall  system  and developing data control procedures;advising and instructing less experienced programmers and offering operating instructions. 选择同程序相关的机内软件或子程序;编制计算机指令;检测、改正程序中的差错并组合程 序;编制总系统并制定数据控制程序;指导经验不足的程序员并给予操作指导。

5.But I want to get better pay,to tell you the truth. 不过,说实话,我想获得更优厚的报酬。

6.Yes,there're good prospects for promotion. 有,提升的机会很多。

7.That's settled then. 那么,就这样定了。

Words and Expressions

software n.软件
    hardware n.硬件
    pick up v.积累
    CAD:Computer Assisted Design 电脑辅助设计
    inevitable a.不可避免的
    Is he available? 他在不在?(我可不可以见他?)
    on the phone 正在打电话
    M.S degree:Master of Science degree 理学硕士学位
    supervisor   n.主管,监督人
    programmer n.程序员
    diagram n.图解,图式
    code v.编码
    code machine instructions 编制机器指令
    specification n.规格(常用复数形式)
    debug v.排除错误
    adept a.长于…的

----------------------------------------------
    初从文,三年不中;后习武,校场发一矢,中鼓吏,逐之出;遂学医,有所成。自撰一良方,服之,卒~ 
    http://hjx221.blogger.org.cn/

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/20 20:43:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客12
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 38 About the Job of a Stewardess  关于空中小姐职务

700.You would like to become a stewardess,wouldn't you? 你愿意当一名空中小姐,对吗?

701.Yes,I would like to very much. 是的,我很想做一名空中小姐。

702.What made you decide on this type of occupation? 什么使你决定从事这一职业?

703.Oh,to tell you the truth,I love the sky.When I was a child,I imagined flying into the blue sky some day.Now,I think the day has come.My dream can come true. 噢,说真的,我喜爱蓝天。我还是个小孩子的时候,就曾想象将来某一天能飞上蓝天。现 在,我觉得这一天终于来了。我的梦想会成真。

704.I like travelling very much and I enjoy working with peo-ple. 我喜欢旅行,也喜欢与别人一起工作。

705.Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty?
    你能不费力气地用英语交谈吗?

706.Yes,I think I am quite fluent in English. 能,我认为我能说流利的英语。

707.What's the most important thing of being an air hostess? 当一名空中小姐最重要的是什么?

708.The most important task of being an air hostess is helping passengers relax during their flight Flying is a stressful thing and if an air hostess can ease that tension,it will make a favorable impression for the airline. 空中小姐最重要的任务是帮助旅客在飞行过程中放松。坐飞机是令人紧张的事,如果空中 小姐能缓和那种紧张,就可以为航空公司创造良好的形象。

709.Do you know what are the responsibilities for the aircrew? 你知道空勤人员的职责是什么?

710.The main responsibility of the flight crew is to ensure the safety of the passengers in case of an emergency.Other re-sponsibilities are providing for the comfort of the passengers and serving meals. 空勤人员的主要职责是出现紧急情况时保证旅客的安全。其他职责是为乘客提供舒适和招 待饮食。

711.Are you in good health? 你身体健康吗?

712.I just had a complete physical examination and I was de-clared in top condition. 我刚刚全面检查了身体,医生说我非常健康。

713.Have you had any nursing experience?How about taking care of children?How you ever been
    a baby-sitter? 你有没有照顾病人的经验?照看小孩的经验?你看过小孩吗?

714.I know it's not a easy job,  but I'm young,besides I'm in good health. 我知道这不是件轻松的工作,但我年轻,而且我现在身体很健康。

715.I have never done any nursing but I love children.I haven't had any experience as a baby-sitter,either. 我没有照顾过病人。我喜欢孩子,但我也没有看孩子的经验。

716.How tall are you?What about your eyesight? 你身高如何?视力如何?

717.My height is one meter and sixty-eight centimeters.I've never had any vision problems and have never worn corrective lenses.
    我身高 1.68 米,我视力从来没有问题,也未戴过眼镜。

Dialogue A
    (I= Interviewer 主试人  A= Applicant 申请人)

I:Come in.Miss Lin.I'm Mr Wang,  Director of Personnel.
    What can I do for you?

A:How do you do,Mr Wang?I'm coming for a job interview at ten O’clock this morning.

I:Oh,I see Please sit down.

A:Thank you.

I:So you would like to become a stewardess,wouldn't you?

A:Yes,I'd like to very much.

I:Well,how old are you?

A:I was born on August 5,1975.So I'm 24 years of age.I'm just leaving college this summer.

I:OK.But what made you decide on this type of occupation?

A:Oh,to tell you the truth,I love the sky.When I was a child. I imagined flying into the blue sky some day.Now,I think the day has come.My dream can come true.

I:Then,  do you know it's not a easy job to be a stewardess?

A:Yes.I know it's not a easy job,but I'm young,besides I'm in good health.

I:Yes.Youth and health are one's best wealth.By the way,what's your height?

A:168 centimeters.

I:What about your eyesight?

A:I've never had any vision problems and have never worn cor-rective lenses.

I:Do you know sometimes you would have to work long hours?

A:Yes,I do.

I:Do your parents agree to your choice?

A:My mother is just waiting at home for my good news.

I:What's the most important thing of being an air hostess?

A: The  most  important  task  of  being  an  air  hostess  is  helping  passengers  relax  during  their flight.Flight is a stressful thing and if an air hostess can ease that tension,it will make a favorable impression for the airline.

I:Do you think friendly service is very important for the airline staff?

A:Definitely.I would think this is one of the most important aspects when dealing with the public in any way.

I:Do you get angry easily?

A:No,I know how to control my temper.I only get angry if I see someone hurting somebody else.

I:If one of your passengers had an accident,what would you do?

A:I would give him basic first aid and call for assistance.

I:Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty?

A:Yes,I think I'm quite fluent in English.

I:Do you take care of your appearance?

A:Yes,I feel taking care of myself with sufficient rest and a good diet are important.

I:Do you know how to put on makeup?

A:Yes,I took some beauty classes a few months ago.

I:What part of your face is the most attractive,why?

A:I think for me and anybody else a smile can be the most at-tractive feature,because it lights up my whole face.

I:If you were hired,when would you be available?

A:I'll graduate from the college by the end of this month.Next month,that is July,I'll be available.

I:OK.If you were hired you would be expected to report for taining on the 8th of August.

A:Yes,that's OK.
    I:Considering your qualifications,we believe you would be a good stewardess.But as you know,we are considering sever-al other applicants and will make our final decision by the end of this month.We'll send you a letter then,if you're hired.Thank you for your coming,Miss Lin.

A:Thank you,  Mr Wang.

Notes 注释

1.Yes.Youth and health are one's best wealth.By the way,what's your height? 是的,年轻和健康是人最宝贵的财富,顺便问一下,你身高多少?

2.Do you think friendly service is very important for the airline staff? 你认为对空中服务人员来说友好服务很重要吗?

3.Definitely,I would think this is one of the most important aspects when dealing with the public in any way.
    肯定重要。我认为不论以什么方式与公众打交道都应提供友好的服务。

4.If one of your passengers had an accident,  what would you do? 如果旅客发生意外,你怎么办?

5.I would give him first aid and call for assistance. 我将对他进行基本的急救,然后呼救。

6.Do you take care of your appearance? 你是否注意自己的容貌?

7.I think for me and anybody else a smile can be the most attractive feature,because it lights up my whole face. 我认为对我和其他人一样,微笑是一个人最吸引人的特征,因为微笑会使一个人整个面部 都容光焕发。

8.If you were hired you would be expected to report for training on the 8th of August. 如果雇用你,我们希望你 8 月 8 号来报到参加培训。

9.That's OK. 好的。

10.Considering you qualifications…考虑你的资格……

11.But as you know…但正如你所知……

Words and Expressions

Dierector of Personnel 人事部主任
    Stewardess n.女乘务员,空中小姐
    to tell you the truth 说真话
    stressful   a.有压力的
    tension n.紧张,压力
    first aid  急救
    fluent a.流畅的,流利的
    makeup n.化妆品

Lesson 39 About the Job of a Car Driver 关于司机职务

718.You are very punctual. 你来得很准时。

719.Thank you,  Sir.I'm a chauffeur.  Generally speaking,a cauffeur must be punctual. 谢谢,先生,我是一名司机,一般来说,当司机都是很准时的。

720.We've been looking over your application.You've more than ten years’ experience in driving cars and trucks.Is it right?
    我看过你的申请材料,你已经有 10 多年开汽车和卡车的经验,是不是?

721.Yes,I learned to drive jeeps and trucks when I was serving in the army. 是的,我是在部队服役时学会了开吉普车和卡车。

722.How long have you been driving? 你开车多长时间了?

723.For eight years. 八年了。

724.Would you mind showing me your driving license? 能看看你的驾驶执照吗?

725.Never mind.Here it is. 可以,给您。

726.Now you are working in the Sanjiang Company,aren't you? 你现在在三江公司工作,对吗?

727.Yes,I've been working there for three years as a chauffeur. 我在那儿做司机三年了。

728.Then why are you leaving there? 那你为什么要离开呢?

729.The only reason why I am leaving the present position is with the desire of improving myself.
    我离开现职的惟一原因是要找个更好的职位。

730.By the way,what kind of driving licenses do you have? 顺便问一句,你持有何种驾驶执照?

731.I have the driving license A. 我持有 A 类驾照。

732.So I can drive either delivery trucks or cars or even buses. 我能开送货卡车、小汽车甚至公共汽车。

733.Besides,I have an electrician's license. 此外,我有电工证。

734.Any accidents? 出过事故吗?

735.No.I think I'm a pretty careful driver. 没有,我认为我是个很小心的司机。

736.Do you drink?你会喝酒吗?

737.Yes,a little;but I never drink before driving. 会,会喝一点,但我从不在开车前喝酒。

738.When am I supposed to start working? 我什么时候开始上班?

739.Starting from Monday.Bring your resume,driver's license and ID card with you when you come,and report to the personnel manager. 星期一开始。顺便把简历表、驾驶执照及身份证带来,向人事经理报到。

Dialogue A

I:Come in,  please.

A:I was wanted to come at 10 o’clock this morning and have a talk about the appointment.

I:Yes.You are very punctual.

A:Thank you,Sir.I'm a chauffeur,Generally speaking,a chauffeur must be punctual.

I:What's your name?

A:My name is Dongming Wu.May I have your name,Sir?

I:I'm Mr. Brown.Please sit down,Mr Wu.

A:Thank you,Mr Brown.

I:Would you like to have a cup d coffee or a can of Coca-Cola?

A:A can of Coca-Cola,please.

I:Here you are.

A:A thousand thanks,sir.

I:Do you know anything about Coca-Cola?

A:Yes.It is a most popular beverage in the world.It has a long history.In 1886 a pharmacist called Aza Grigs Chandler patented Coca-Cola in Atlanta,Georgia.By the way,I like Coca-Cola very much.

I:We've been looking over your application.You've more than ten years’ experience in driving car and trucks.  Is it right?

A:Yes.I learned to drive jeeps and trucks when I was serving in the army.

I:It was from 1978 to 1983,wasn't it?

A:Yes.

I:Now you are working in the Sanjiang Company,aren't you? A:Yes.I've been working there for three years as a chauffeur. I:Then why are you leaving there?
    A:The only reason why I am leaving the present position is with the desire of improving myself.

I:How much do you usually earn a month?

A:Sometimes a little over three thousand yuan and sometimes less than two thousand yuan.So I think your monthly salary of two thousand eight hundred is quite attractive.

I:Are you a local resident or a provincial?

A:I'm a Shanghaiese by birth.Here is a copy of my ID card.

I:Then,why are you interested in our company?

A:Because yours is one of the most effective and respectable companies in our city.I'd like to work for it and enjoy its high prestige as well.

I:I see.Have you ever worked for Americans before?

A:  Yes,I was a driver for an American family three years ago,part time only.

I:Why did you quit?

A:Because they went back to the States.

I:By the way,what kind of driving licenses do you have?

A:I have the driving license A.So I can drive either delivery trucks or cars or even buses.Beides,
    I have an electrician's license.

I:Good.But if you were hired,you would improve the spoken English,because you would have to deal with foreigners.

A:Sure.I studied Basic English and spoken English at the Evening College of Shanghai Foreign
    Languages University during the last few years.

I:That's fine.What kind of cars are you driving in the Sanjiang Company?

A:Audi.

I:Any accident?

A:No,I think I am a safe driver.

I:That's very good.De you drink?

A:Yes,a little;but I never drink before driving.

I:Do you smoke?

A:No,I don't.

I:Good.We  expect  our  employees  to  work  hard  and  of  course  they  are  well  paid  for  their  hard work.We give generous bonus,too.

A:How much will my pay be,if you don't mind my asking?

I:We would like to start you off at 3,000 yuan a month,not including bonus and overtime pay.We don't give bonus every month,but we offer a semi-annual bonus.And you'll receive two weeks’paid vacation a year,as well.Does it suit you?

I:When can you start the work?

A:I'll go and quit my job in the Sanjiang company first and then....How about next Wednesday?

I:No problem.Then we will see at 9 o’clock next Wednesday.

A:Thank you,Sir.

Notes 注释
    1.A thousand thanks,  sir. 非常感谢,先生。

2.How much do you usually earn a month? 你通常一个月挣多少钱?

3.So I think your monthly salary of two thousand eight hundred is quite attractive. 所以我觉得你们能提供 2,800 元月薪是很吸引人的。

4.Are you a local resident or provincial? 你是本地人还是外地人?

5.I'm a Shanghaiese by birth.Here is a copy of my ID card. 我是土生土长的上海人,这是我身份证的复印件。

6.Because yours is one of the most effective and respectable companies in our city.I'd like to work for it and enjoy its high prestige as well.
    因为贵公司是本市最具高效率、令人敬佩的公司之一,我想为它工作,也能分享它的盛誉。

7.Audi. 奥迪车。

8.Any accident? 出过事故吗?

9.We would like to start you off at 3,000 yuan a month,not including bonus and overtime pay. 我们将给你月薪 3,000 元作为起薪,不包括奖金和加班费。

Words and Expressions

punctual a.按时的,守时的
    chauffeur n.司机
    generally speaking 一般说来
    driving license A  A 类驾驶执照
    beverage n.饮料(茶,汽水等)
    pharmacist  n.药剂师
    patent  v.获得……的专利
    provincial a.省的,外省的
    Shanghaiese  n.上海人
    prestige n.声望,威信
    Shanghai Foreign Languages University 上海外国语大学
    generous a.慷慨的,丰富的

Lesson 40 About the Job of a Salesperson 关于销售员职务

740.I came in answer to your advertisement for a salesperson. 我是来应征贵公司所招聘的售货员一职的。

741.I see.Will you walk this way,please? 我明白了,请到这边来好吗?

742.What experience have you had? 你有什么经验呢?

743.I'm  afraid  I  haven't  had  any  experience  in  just  this  sort  of  work.I'm  studying  business administration in college.I want to get a job that would tie in with my studies. 这种工作我恐怕没有什么经验。我大学学的是商业管理,我想找一个与所学知识有关联的 工作。

744.Have you got any selling experience at all? 你有售货的经验吗?

745.I worked in a department store in a small town last summer vacation. 我去年暑假在一个小城镇的百货店工作过。

746.What subjects did you like most at university? 你在大学时最喜欢什么课程?

747.I like sales strategies most.我最喜欢销售策略这门课。

748.Now tell me about your educational background.请给我讲讲你的教育背景。

749.I graduated from Beijing College of Commerce. 我毕业于北京商学院。

750.I majored in commerce. 我主修商业专业。

751.What courses have you completed? 你修过哪些课程?

752.The courses I completed are marketing,business law,business English,statistics,marketing principles,sales management,distribution theory,economics and psychology. 我修过的课程有:市场营销、商业法、商务英语、统计学、营销原理、销售管理、商品配 销理论,经济学和心理学。

753.Why would you like to work with us? 你为什么愿意来我们这儿工作?

754.It's a job I'm interested in,and your company is one of the best known.Although I have no work experience as a salesperson,the job description you sent was very interesting.It's a job I've been dreaming of since I was at university. 贵公司是最有名气的公司之一,我也喜欢这种工作。虽然我没有什么销售员的经验,你们 给我的职位说明很有意思,这是我上大学时就想从事的工作。

755.Do you know anything about this company?你了解本公司吗?

756.Yes,a little.  As you mentioned just now,yours is an American capital company.As far as l know your company is a world famous one which produces cosmetics and skin -care products. 我知道一些,正如你所提到的,贵公司是一家美资公司,据我所知,贵公司是一家世界著 名公司,生产化妆品和护肤品。

757.In what department did you work? 你以前在哪一部门工作呢?

758.I was in women's Fashion Department. 我在女装部工作。

759.Have you got an excellent record in English? 你英语成绩好吗?

760.Yes,I think I can manage English conversations with American staff members. 是的,我认为我可以和美国员工进行英语会话。

Dialogue A

I:Come in,please.

A:Is this the General Manager office?

I:Yes,it is.Be seated,please.

I:May I have your name?

A:Linda Li.I was asked to have an interview this afternoon.

I:Yes.How old are you,Miss Li?

A:I'm 25.

I:How many people are there is your family?

A:Four.They are my father,my mother,my elder brother and me.

I:What do your parents do?

A:My father is a purchaser at a department store and my mother is a saleswoman at the same store.

I:Now tell me about your educational background.

A:OK.I graduated from Beijing College of Commerce.My major is commerce.

I:What courses have you completed?

A:The courses I've completed are marketing,business law,business English,statistics,marketing principles,sales management,distribution theory,economics and psychology.

I:How are your grades?

A:I have got an average of 90 points.

I:What subject did you like best at college?

A:I liked sales strategies best.

I:Can you explain why?

A:I like dealing with people.It's quite challenging.

I:Have you got an excellent record in English?

A:Yes,I obtained nearly full marks in English.

I:That's only for your written work,I'm afraid.What about your oral English?You know,some staff members   in   this   company   are   Americans   as   ours   is   an   American   capital   company . So conversational English is very important in our company.

A:I  think  I  can  manage  English  conversations  with  American  staff  members.At  college  I  often practice oral English with my classmates or cassettes.

I:Why are you interested in the job?

A:Because I love your company.Yours is one of the effective and respectable companies in this area.

I:I see.Have you worked anywhere else?

A:Yes.Four years ago,I began to work in a developing company in Nantong. One year later,I came
    to Shanghai,and worked in a small department store as a salesgirl.and now I'm secretary to
    Gemeral Manager of Xin Xin Department Store.

I:OK.We have received your letter and resume in answer to your advertisement in the paper.I'd like
    to talk about your qualifications for the position.

A:I think you must have got a lot of replies to your advertisement.

I:I  haven't  counted  the  exact  number  of  the  replies,but  I  think  there  were  at  least  thirty  for  the job.However,many who applied don't have the qualifications we require.We only picked out the ten best replies for interviews.And yours is just among them.

A:Thanks.I'm glad that my letter is acceptable.

I:You mentioned in your letter that you had worked in a small department store as a salesperson.In what department?

A:Ladies fashion.

I:Did you like the job?

A:Yes, I liked it very much.In fact,I have a good taste in dress.I think I'm interested in clothing design and like to be dressed in fashion.

I:Well,Miss Li,it was nice talking to you.However,we want to interview the other applicants before making any final decision.You will hear from us soon.Thank you for your coming,Miss Li.

A:Thank you Sir.I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Notes 注释

1.Be seated,please. 请坐。

2.My father is purchaser at a department store and my mother is a saleswoman at the same store. 我父亲是一家百货商店采购员,我母亲是同一商店的售货员。

3.I have got an average of 90 points. 我各门成绩平均 90 分。

4.Yes.Four years ago,I began to work in a developing company in Nantong. 有过。四年前我开始在南通一家正处于发展阶段的公司工作。

5.We only picked out the ten best replies for interviews.And yours is just among them. 我们只挑选了十位最优秀的申请人来参加面谈,你的材料是其中之一。

6.Ladies fashion. 女装部。

7.In fact,I have a good taste in dress  事实上,我对时装很有眼光。

Words and Expressions

salesperson n.售货员
    tie in with 与……有关联
    commerce n.商业
    marketing   n.市场营销
    statistics    n.统计学
    psycology n.心理学
    cosmetics  n.化妆品
    skincare products 护肤产品
    skincare 一词由 skin(皮肤)+care(护理)组成
    English convesations 英语会话
    purchaser n.采购员,购买者
    sales strategies 销售策略,销售方法
    pick up v.挑选
    ladies’ fashion 女式时装

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/20 20:44:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客13
    发贴心情 
    Lesson30 The End of the Interview 结束面谈

531.Thank you for coming,we will let you know the result as soon as possible. 谢谢你的到来,我们将尽早把结果通知你。

532.Thank you,I'll look forward to hearing from you. 谢谢,我会恭候您的通知。

533.All right.Thank you for your coming,Mr. Chen. 好,谢谢你能来参加面试,陈先生。

534.Thank you for your interview with me,madam. 非常感谢您对我的面试,女士。

535.I hope to see you again.希望能再次见到你。

536.We'll expect you here next month,see you then. 我们期望下个月你的到来,再见。

537.See you later. 再见。

538.Thank you for your interest in this office,Ms Dong. 谢谢你对本办事处感兴趣,董女士。

539.I'll await your notification.Thank you for your interview with me,sir. 我将等候你们的通知,谢谢您对我的面试,先生。

540.A thousand thanks for your having talked with me.Good-bye. 非常感谢您的面试,再见。

541.It's our pleasure to have you here,Mr. Li. 能雇用你是我们的荣幸,李先生。

542.I hope to see you again. 希望再次见到您。

543.I hope so. 希望如此。

544.We should know by next Tuesday whom to hire.If your application is successful,we will notify you by mail.下周二前我们会决定聘用谁了,若你的申请成功,我们会发信通知你。

545.Thank you very much,I will be waiting for your letter. 谢谢,我等候您的回复。

546.That's all right.I can try other places,Good-bye. 不要紧,我可以到其他地方试试,再见。

547.Good-bye,and thank you,sir. 再见,谢谢您,先生。

548.I really appreciate your help.See you then. 非常感谢你的帮助,再见。

549.Then we'll see at 9 o’clock next Wednesday. 下周三 9 点见。

550.You'll hear from us soon.Thank you for your coming.你很快就会得到答复,谢谢你的光临。

551.Thank you,sir.I hope to hear from you as soon as possible. 谢谢您,先生。我希望尽快收到您的答复。

552.Well,we'll give you our decision in a couple of days.It's a pleasure to talk to you,Mr. Liu. 好,几天内我们将把我们的决定通知你。很荣幸能与你交谈,刘先生。

553.Thank you,Mr. Brown.I really appreciate your assistance. 谢谢,布朗先生。非常感谢您的帮助。

554.Thank you very much for your advice.Bye. 非常感谢你的建议,再见。

555.Keep in touch. 再联系。

556.That's all right.When you come,ask for Smith,OK? 好吧,你来时找史密斯,好不好?

557.Yes.See you then. 行,再见。

558.That's all for the interview.Please wait for our notification. 面试完了,请等候我们的通知。

559.You'll be hearing from us soon.Send the next candidate in on your way out,please. 你很快会接到我们的消息。出去的时候,请你叫下一位应试人进来。

560.Thank you,Mr. Wu,for your interest in this job.Good luck to you. 谢谢你对这份工作感兴趣,吴先生,祝你好运。

Dialogue A
    (I=Interviewer  主试人  A=Applicant  应试人)

I:All right.Thank you for your coming,Mr. Chen,I hope to see you again.

A:Thank you for your interview with me,madam.Good-bye.

I:Bye.

Dialogue B

I:We should know by next Tuesday whom to hire.If your application is successful,we'll notify you by mail.

A:How long should I wait?

I:We'll give you our decision in a couple of days.Thank you for your interest in this office.

A:Thank you,sir.I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

I:Please send the next candidate in on your way out.
    A:OK,Good-bye.

Dialogue C

I:I'm sorry to say I can't offer you the job.

A:That's all right.Thank you very much for your advice.I can try other places.Good-bye.

I:See you later.

Notes  注释

1.as soon as  一…就…,引导时间状语从句 Please write to us as soon as you get there.你一到那 里就请给我们来信。

2.keep in touch  保持联系,如:We keep in touch by mail.  我们保持通信联系。

3.That's all.结束了,如:That's all for our class.今天的课就上到这儿。That's all for Lesson 2.第 二课就上到这里。

Words and Expressions

notification  n.通知,通知
    assistance n.帮助,辅助
    candidate n.申请人,候选人

Lesson31 Interview for Job Advancement

要求升迁面试

561.What can I do for you? 我能帮你什么?

562.I've worked here as a typist for about a year,and I'd like to have a chance of advancement. 我在此已做打字员一年了,我期望一个升迁的机会。

563.I would like to have a chance to get ahead.我希望有一个提升的机会。

564.I'd like to have a chance of a pay raise. 我希望加薪水。

565.What job are you applying for? 你要求做什么工作?

566.I'd like a secretarial job in the clerical department. 我希望到办公部门做秘书事务工作。

567.I'd like an office job in the personnel department. 我希望到人事部门做办公室工作。

568.Do you understand the duties? 你知道那项工作包括什么?

569.I'm not quite sure,but I think it should be typing,filing and answering phones. 我不十分清楚,但我想应包括打字、管理文件和接电话等工作。

570.I'm not sure,but I think it should be collecting orders,and sending products. 我不十分清楚,但我想应该包括收集订单和发货物。

571.OK.You have the seniority and I know you can do the job. 好,你具备应有资历,你会把工作做好的。

572.Do you understand probation? 你了解公司的试用期情况吗?

573.Yes,I think so. 是的,我知道。

574.I have 30 days to learn the job,right? 我需要 30 天来学会新工作,对吗?

575.I have half a year to learn the job,right? 我用半年的时间学新工作,对吗?

576.That's right. 没错。

577.You can start on the 1st of July,OK? 你可以从 7 月 1 日开始,行不行?

578.No problem. 没问题。

579.I'll try my best to learn the new job.我将尽力做好新工作。

580.I'll try my best to better the company's position. 我将尽力改善我公司的状况。

Dialogue A
    (G=Georgia;H=Harold,personnel manager  人事部经理)

H:Come in.Please sit down.

G:Thanks,Mr. Harold.I'm Georgia.

H:OK,what can I do for you,Georgia?

G:Well,I've worked here as a typist for about a year,and I'd like to have a chance of advancement.

H:What job are you applying for?

G:I'd like a secretarial job in the clerical department.

H:Is your English good enough?

G:I hope so.I'm studying English at a language school.

H:What about your typing speed?

G:I can type 50 words per minute.

H:OK.Georgia,you  have  the  seniority  and  I  know  you  can  do  the  job.Do  you  understand probation?

G:Yes,I think so.I have 30 days to learn the job,right?

H:That's right.You can start on the 1st of July,OK?

G:No problem.I'll try my best to learn the new job.

H:Well,good luck.

Notes  注释

1.What abut your typing speed?你的打字速度如何?
    What about…?  询问关于……的情况,如:What about the price?价格怎么样?

2.Good luck. 祝你好运。

Words and Expressions

advancement n.提升,提高
    secretarial a.秘书的
    clerical a.办事员的,办公的
    seniority  n.老资格,资历

Lesson 32 Phoning to Ask about a Job Ad.电话求职

581.Lianfu Company.May I help you? 这里是联富公司,请问找谁?

582.Hello,this is David Jones. 喂,这里是戴维•琼斯百货公司。

583.Crest Trade House.Can I help you? 这里是克莱斯特贸易所。愿为您服务。

584.This is the Southern Suburb Hotel.May I help you? 南郊饭店,愿为您服务。

585.Hello,operator?Get me 5732,please. 喂,总机吗?请接 5732。

586.Please get me through to Personnel Department. 请你给我接通人事部。

587.Personnel Department Mr. Zhang speaking.What can I do for you? 这里是人事部,我是张先生,您有什么事?

588.Wrong number. 打错了。

589.Line engaged. 占线了。

590.Hold the line,please. 请等一等。

591.You are in connection.Please go ahead.接通了,请讲话。

592.I'm interested in the job you advertised in yesterday's news-paper. 我想问一下你们在昨天的报纸招聘广告中的职位。

593.Is it still vacant? 这个空缺还有吗?

594.Do you still have that vacancy? 你们还有空缺职位吗?

595.I'm asking about your advertisement for a cashier in today's newspaper. 我想询问你们在今天的报纸上招聘出纳员的广告。

596.Hello,I'm calling in answer to your advertisement in yesterday's “Yang cheng Evening News”for
    an English telephone operator. 你好,我打电话来是想应聘你们昨天在“羊城晚报”登广告招聘的英语话务员一职。

597.I'm asking about your advertisement for a shop assistant in today's newspaper. 我打电话来想应聘你们在今天的报纸上广告招聘的商场售货员一职。

598.Oh,I see.May I have your name,please? 我明白了,请问你叫什么名字?

599.This is Zhiwei Zhao speaking. 我是赵志伟。

600.I'm sorry.The job is taken. 对不起,这职位已有人了。

601.You should have tried earlier. 你应该早打电话来。

602.Yes,but do you have any experience as a shop assistant? 还有空缺,请问你有做售货员的经验吗?

603.Can I have your name and phone number? 可以告诉我你的姓名和电话号码吗?

604.I'll make an appointment for an interview for you. 我想为你约定一个面试的时间。

605.Would you like to come here for an interview? 你愿意来面谈吗?

606.I certainly would.当然愿意。

607.Can you come tomorrow morning? 明天上午你能来面谈吗?

608.That'll be fine. 好。

609.We'll look forward to seeing you then. 我们期望见到你。

610.Can you make it Thursday morning? 周四上午行吗?

611.See you then. 再见。

612.Do you still have openings for the typist? 贵公司还有打字员的空缺吗?

613.I'm enquiring about your advertisement for a driver in yesterday's China Daily. 我打电话想询问昨天《中国日报》上广告招聘的驾驶员一职。

614.I'd like to come in and apply for the job of the bank clerk.Can you help me? 我想来申请银行职员一位,你能帮助我吗?

615.Can you give me any information about the job advertised in today's Morning Post? 你能告诉我一些今天的早报上招聘职位的情况吗?

616.Do you still have positions available? 贵公司还有可申请的职位吗?

617.I saw your advertisement in this morning's newspaper for the air hostess.I'd like a job. 我看到今在早上的报纸上贵公司招聘空中小姐的广告,我想申请这一职务。

Dialogue A
    (O= Office Clerk 办公室职员,A= Applicant 申请人)

O:Crest Trade House.May I help you?

A:Yes,I'm interested in the job you advertised in yesterday's newspaper.Is it still vacant?

O:I'm sorry,the job is taken.

A:Oh,so quick?

O:Yes,you should have tried earlier.
    A:I see.Thank you. O:Better luck next time. Dialogue B

O:Hello,this is David Jones.

I:Hello.I'm asking about your advertisement for a shop assistant in today's newspaper.Do you still have that vacancy?

O:Yes,but do you have any experience as a shop assistant?

A:I've got four year's experience in a department store.

O:Which one,please?

A:Franklin Department Store.

O:Fine.Can I have your name and phone number?I'll make an appointment for an interview for you.

A:Yes,My name is Yunhai Zhang.

O:Will you please spell it?

A:OK,Y-U-N-H-A-I,Z-H-A-N-G.

O:The phone number?

A:5696181.

O:Thank you.Can you come tomorrow morning?

A:I'm afraid not.But can you make it Thursday afternoon?

O:That's all right.When you come,ask for Smith,OK? A:Yes.See you then.

Dialogue C

(O=O ffice Clerk 办公室职员,A= Applicant 申请人)

Operator(接线员):This is the Southern Suburt Hotel.May I help you?

A:Please get me through to Personnel Department.

O:Personnel Dearment,Mr. Zhang speaking.What can I do for you?

A:Good afternoon.I am calling in answer to your advertisement in yesterday's“Yangcheng Evening
    News” for an English telephone Operator.

O:Oh,I see.May I have your name please?

A:This is Zhiwei Zhao speaking.

O:Do you think you have a good command of English for telephone operation?

A:Yes,I think so.

O:I was a graduate of Guangzhou Vocational Middle School of Tourism.There I learned hotel English including English for telephone operation.

O:Have you had any experience on the switchboard?

A:Yes,I have been a telephone operator for over two years.

O:Where do you work now?

A:I work at Guangdong Guest Hotel.

O:I'm interested in your proficiency in English and work experience.Would you like to come here for
    an interview?

A:I certainly would.

O:How about Friday morning at nine o’clock?

A:That'll be fine.

O:Please bring your resume together with copies of your diploma and ID card.Come to Room 206
    and ask for Mr. Zhang.

A:Room 206,Mr. Zhang?

O:That's right.We'll be looking forward to seeing you then.

A:I Will,too.Thank you.

O:Thank you for calling.See you later.

A:See you on Friday.

Notes  注释

1.Better luck next time. 祝你下一次运气好。

2.This is Zhiwei ZHao speaking.我是赵志伟。用英语打电话用 this 表示自己一方,用 that 表示 打电话的另一方,如:This  is  Mary  speaking.我是玛丽。不用  I'm  Mary.Is  that  Mr  Li speaking.你是李先生吗?不用  Are you Mr. Li?Who is that speaking?你是谁?不用  Who
    are you?This is me(speaking).是我。

3.Do you think you have a good command of English for telephone operation? 你认为你精通话务英语吗?

4.I was a graduate of Guangzhou Vocational Middle School of Tourism. 我是广州旅游职业中学毕业生。

5.There I learned hotel English including English for telephone operation. 我在该校学过饭店英语,包括话务英语。

6.I'm interested in your proficiency in English and work experience. 我对你的英语熟练程度和工作经验很感兴趣。

7.Thank you for calling. 谢谢你打电话来。

Words and Expressions

vacancy n.空缺,空白
    cashier n.出纳员
    available a.可得到的,可用的
    hostess n.女乘务员,空中小姐
    operation n.操作,业务
    switchboard n.交换台,总机
    proficiency n.精通,熟练
    diploma  n.文凭,公文
    ID card 身份证
    vocational a.职业的

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 21:15:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客14
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 33 Door Knocking 上门询问求职

618.I saw a vacancy board outside for an accountant.Do you still have any vacancy? 我看到门外的招工牌上写要招一名会计,还缺人吗?

619.I saw a vacancy board outside for a teacher.Has the vacan-cy filled? 我在招工牌上看到要招一名教师,名额满了吗?

620.Is there any other job for me here? 我还能干其他别的工作吗?

621.I'm looking for a job.Is it possible to find one here? 我想找个工作,这儿有吗?

622.I'm looking for a part-time job.Is it possible to find one here? 我想做兼职工作,这儿有空缺吗?

623.Is your boss around at the moment? 你的老板现在在吗?

624.Yeah.He is in his office upstairs. 他正在楼上的办公室里。

625.I'm sorry.The vacancy is filled already. 抱歉,空缺已满了。

626.What kind of job are you looking for? 你想干什么工作?

627.Any job in your factory. 你们工厂里任何工作都行。

628.We do have a vacancy for a cutter. 我们确实要招一名裁剪工。

629.Do you mind working on the night shift? 你在意上夜班吗?

630.Not at all. 我一点不在乎上夜班。

631.I came about the advertisement for a sales position. 我是看了你们招聘销售员的广告来应聘的。

632.I'm told that there are job vacancies here.别人告诉我贵单位招聘员工。

633.I notice there are some job vacancies in your company. 我了解到贵公司有职位空缺。

634.I understand there are some job opportunities here. 我知道在贵公司有找工作的机会。

635.Will you take it? 你愿意接受这个工作吗?

Dialogue A

A:Excuse me,please.I saw a vacancy board outside for a plumber.Is it still available?

O:I'm sorry,the vacancy is filled already.

A:Oh,pity!But is there any other job for me here?

O:I'm afraid not,at least not before Christmas.

A:OK,thank you.Bye.

Dialogue B
    (O= Office Clerk 办公室职员,A =Applicant 申请人,B =Boss  公司老板)

A:Sorry to trouble you.Is your boss around at the moment?

O:Yeah.He's in his office upstairs.You can see him if you like.

A:All right,thanks.
    (meeting the boss)

B:Good morning.What can I do for you?

A:Well,I'm looking for a job.Is it possible to find one here?

B:What kind of job are you looking for?

A:Any job in your factory.

B:Do you have any experience as a cutter?

A:Yes,I have.Actually I have been working in a garment factory for over three years.

B:Good,but do you mind working on the night shift?

A:Not at all.Some people wouldn't like the hours,but I don't mind working at night.

B:Very well,then,we do have a vacancy for a cutter working night shifts from 11 p.m.to 5 a.m.the next morning.The starting salary is $ 10 per hour.Will you take it?

A:Yes,I will.But when shall I start work?

B:You'll start work this Friday.OK?

A:Yes,I will come on Friday night.Thank you.

B:See you then.

Notes  注释

1.Excuse  me.劳驾,请问,请人帮忙或打扰别人时常用的礼貌语,也可以用  Sorry  to  trouble you.劳驾,对不起,如:Excuse me,do you have the time?对不起,请问几点了?Sorry to trouble you,may I use your dictionary?劳驾,能借用一下你的字典吗?

2.Yeah.是的,等于 Yes.

3.Good,but do you mind working on the night shift?the night shift  上夜班,shift /M!GC/ n.轮 班,班次,如:the day shift  白班,work in three shifts  分三班工作,三班倒  my shift  我的班次

4.per hour 每小时;per 意思是每,等于 each。per 还可与其他搭配,如:per day  每天,per year  每年,per kilo  每公斤

5.p.m. 下午  拉丁文 post meridiem 的缩写,等于  afternoon。 另外 a.m.  是上午。

Words and Expressions

board  n.牌子,木板
    vacancy board (门口的)招工牌
    cutter n.裁剪工
    shift n.班次,轮次
    night shift 夜班
    opportunity n.机会
    plumber   n.管子工,铅管工
    Christmas  n.圣诞节
    garment   n.服装
    mind v.介意,在乎

Lesson 34 At a Job Center 在职业介绍所

636.Do you think you can get a job for me? 您能帮我找个工作吗?

637.Will you please fill out this form? 请填这张表。

638.What's this form for? 这张表是做什么用的?

639.This is for registration. 作为登记用。

640.How long shall I wait? 我要等多久?

641.Check the job boards at the job center regularly and check the newspaper daily. 经常来看职业介绍所的招工牌,每天去查报纸。

Dialogue A
    (O= Office Clerk 办公室职员,A= Applicant 找工作者)

O:Hello.May I help you?

A:Yes,please.I've been here for nearly two months,but I still haven't got a job.Do you think you can get one for me?

O:Don't you worry,we'll try to help you.Will you please fill out this form?

A:What's this form for?

O:This is for registration.After you have given us your person-al details,we'll match these against new jobs as they come in.And we'll contact you when there is a job that suits you.

A:That's great.But how long shall I wait?

O:Maybe several weeks,maybe several months.It's hard to tell.

A:Oh,dear.How can I wait for such a long time?

O:Actually,many jobs are filled by people who select vacancies from the display boards there.

A:Then,what do you think I should do?

O:My advice is to keep looking for jobs yourself.Check the job boards at the job center regularly and check the newspapers daily.If you have friends or relatives here,ask them for help,too.

A:I see.Thank you very much for your advice.Bye.

O:Keep in touch.

Notes  注释

1.After you have given us your personal details,we'll match these against new jobs when they come in.
    你把你的个人资料留给我们,我们将把这些情况同收到新的招工信息进行比较。
    2.And we'll contact you when there is a job that suits you. 一有适合你的工作我们将与你联系。
    3.It's hard to tell. 很难说。
    4.Keep in touch. 常联系。

Words and Expressions

Fill out 填,填写
    Registration  n.登记,记录
    suit v.适合,配合
    display n.陈列,展览
    display board 招工信息陈列牌
    check v.检查,核对,核查

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 21:16:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客15
    发贴心情 
    PartⅡ

Questions and Answers about Some Positions 关于不同职务的面试问答

Lesson 35 About the Job of an Accountant 关于会计职务

642.Excuse me,sir.May I apply for the position of accountant? 先生,我可以申请会计一职吗?

643.Sure.Please sit down. 当然可以,请坐。

644.What university did you graduate from? 你从哪所学校毕业?

645.I graduated from Beijing College of Commerce. 我毕业于北京商学院。

646.What was your major at college? 你上大学主修什么专业?

647.My major was accounting. 我主修会计学。

648.Can you name some of the courses you completed in relation to accounting? 你能说出一些你学过的与会计相关的课程吗?

649.Sure.I took such courses as accounting principles,commercial accounting,cost accounting, industrical  accounting,electronic  data  processing  accounting,and  accounting  involved  in foreign capital enterprises. 当然可以,我修过会计学原理、商业会计、成本会计、工业会计、电子数据处理会计以及 涉外会计。

650.What was your favorite course? 你喜欢什么课程?

651.My favorite course was electronic data processing account-ing. 我最喜欢电子数据处理会计。

652.What kind of work are you doing now? 你现在正在做什么工作?

653.I'm engaged in accounting. 我做会计工作。

654.What are you responsibilites at your present work unit? 你在目前单位的工作职责是什么?

655.My work involves various routine bookkeeping and basic ac-counting tasks including journal entries,verifying data and reconciling discrepancies,preparing detailed reports from raw data,and checking accounting documents for completeness,mathematical accuracy and consistency. 我的工作是履行各种簿记与基本会计事项,包括填写日记账、核实数据、纠正误差,根据 原始数据编制明细报表、核查会计文件的完整性、数字的精确性和一致性。

656.Are you familiar with PRC Financial and Tax Regulations? 你熟悉中华人民共和国财税制度吗?

657.I think so. 熟悉。

658.Can you tell me something about this balance sheet now? 你可以和我谈谈这份资产负债表的情况吗?

659.Of course.This balance sheet contains three major sec-tions,that is,assets,liabilities and owner's equity.So,you see,the total current liabilities of your company are  $2,372,000,and the owner's equity is  $  5,400,000.That means that the total assets,which is equal to the sum of the creditor's and the owner's equities,are  $  7,772,000. 当然能,这份资产负债表包含三部分:资产、负债和所有者权益。因此,你看贵公司的当 前负债总额为 2,372,000 美元,所有者权益为 5,400,000 美元。资产等于债权人权益 加上所有者权益,即为 7,772,000 美元。

660.What's the creditor's equity? 什么是债权人权益?

661.The creditor's equity is the same as liabilities. 债权人权益即负债。

Dialogue A
    (I= Interviewer 主试人  A= Applicant 受试人)

(knocking at the door gently)

A:Good afternoon,sir.My name is Wang Ling.

I:Good afternoon,Miss Wang.According to your application form,you are a university graduate in accounting and have al-ready got 2 year's work experience in a manufacturing factory.Now,can you tell me what made you decide to leave your former factory and apply for the vacancy here?

A:Well,my  former  working  unit  is  a  medium-sized  enterprise.Though  I  am  familiar  with computerized accounting systems,I can find no application there.That's the reason why I want to come here to face the new challenge.

I:What are your responsibilities at you present work unit?

A:My  work  involves  various  routine  bookkeeping  and  basic  ac-counting  tasks  including  journal entries,verifying data and reconciling discrepancies,preparing detailed reports from raw data,
    and checking accounting documents for completeness,mathematical accuracy and consistency.

I:Are you familiar with PRC Financial Accounting and Tax Regulations?

I:OK.Can you tell me something about this balance sheet now?

A:Of course.This balance sheet contains three major sections,that is,assets,liabilities and owner's equity.So,you see,the total current 1iabilities of your company are  $2,372,000,and owner's equity is  $  5,400,000.That means that the total assets,which is equal to the sum of the creditor's and the owner's equities,are  $  7,772,000.

I:Just a moment.What is the creditor's equity?

A:The creditor's equity is the same as liabilities.

I:How much are accrued salaries payable?

A:They are  $  15,000.

I:Could you tell me something about cash control?

A:Yes,of course.In accounting,cash means all items that are acceptable for deposit in a bank.

I:What are they?

A:Such as paper money,coins,checks,money orders,bank deposits and so on.

I:What should we do when dealing with cash?

A:As a rule,we should control the handling and recording of cash.Cash should be handled separately from the recording of cash transactions so that errors can be readily disclosed and the possibility of irregularities is reduced.

I:How does it work,then?

A:That means all cash receipts are deposited intact in the bank,and all major payments are made by check and an imprest fund is used for petty cash disbursements.

I:So you mean that we can have a double record of cash transactions.

A:Yes.One record is made by the company's recordkeeping procedures,and another is furnished by the bank.

I:Did you get a good record in English?

A:Yes,I obtained nearly full marks each term.I like English very much.Besides,I was aware of the importance of learning English well.Nowadays every enterprise would prefer to hire a man who has a good command of English.So I worked hard at college on English.

I:Are you familiar with America-styled accounting?

A:I think so.When I was at college,I worked as an assistant account with American General Electric China Inc.for two summers.

I:That's very good.You seem to have the right kind of experience.I'll let you know the result of this interview next week.

A:Thank you.Good-Bye.

Notes  注释

1.According to your application form,you are a university graduate in accounting and have already got 2 year's experience in a manufacturing factory. 从申请表上看来,你是会计专业的毕业生,已经在一家制造厂有两年的工作经验。

2 . Well , my  former  working  unit  is  a  medium-sized  enterprise. Though  I  am  familiar  with computerized accounting systems,I can find no application there. 我以前的工作单位是一家中型企业。虽然我熟悉会计电算化,但在那里用不上。

3.How much are accrued salaries payable? 应付工资是多少?

4.In accounting,cash means all items that are acceptable for de-posit in a bank. 在会计上,现金指的是可被银行接受的所有项目。

5.Such as paper money,coins,checks,money orders,bank deposits and so on. 比如纸币、硬币、支票、汇票和银行存款等。

6.As a rule,we should control the handling and recording of cash.Cash should be handled separately from the recording of cash transactions so that errors can be readily disclosed and the possibility of irregularities is reduced. 按常规,我们应当控制现金处理和记录,现金管理应与现金业务的记录分开进行。这样,差 错就能马上查出来,也减少了不法行为的可能性。

7.How does it work,then? 这是怎么做的呢?

8.That means cash receipts are deposited intact in the bank,and major payments are made by check and an imprest fund is used for petty cash disbursements. 这就是说,所有的现金收入要如数存入银行,一切的主要支出都使用支票,并设立预付资金 来用于零星的现金支付。

9.So you mean that we can have a double record of cash transactions. 你是说这样一来我们就可以对现金业务有双重记录了。

Words and Expressions

balance sheet n.资产负债(平衡)表
    常见的其他报表还有  
    financial statement(财务报表),  
    income statement(收益表)等。
    assets n.资产 流动资产为  
    current assets 固定资产为  
    fix assets 流动资金可包括现金(cash)、应付账款(accounts receivable)、预付保险金(prepaid insurance)、 在用物料(supplies on hand)等。
    liabilities n.负债 流动负债为  current liability,它可以包括应付票据(notes payable)、 应付账款(accounts payable)、应付未付工资(accrued salaries payable)等项。
    owner's equity n.所有者权益
    cash control n.现金控制
    paper money n.纸币
    coin n.硬币
    check n.支票
    money order n.汇票
    bank deposit n.银行存款
    handle v.处理
    cash transaction n.现金交易
    irregularity n.不法行为
    cash receipt n.现金收入
    imprest n.预付款 a.预付的,预借的
    petty 零用资金
    disbursement  n.支付
    record keeping n.簿记

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 21:17:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客16
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 36 About the Job of a Secretary  关于秘书职务

662.What sort of responsibilities does this secretary's job involve? 贵公司的秘书工作有哪些职责?

663.This job is handling routine tasks,such as typing letters and documents,receiving visitors,answering phone calls and so on. 这项工作要处理日常常规工作,如打印信件和文件、接待来客、接电话等等。

664.I think I'll get familiar in no time. 我想我很快会熟悉的。

665.Moreover,how  is  your  English  ability?Do  you  think  you  could  handle  telephone  calls  in English? 此外,你英语水平如何?你能用英语打电话吗?

666.I think I can.My English scores were always on the top three of my class of 40 at school. 我想我能,我的英语成绩在我班 40 名同学中一直是前三名。

667.I am afraid you can't file in English. 恐怕你不会用英语处理文件。

668.But I'd be glad to learn,sir. 但我很愿学,先生。

669.I see in your application that you've several years’ experience in secretarial work.What kind of work were you doing at your previous employer's company? 从你的申请材料中看出你有多年秘书经历,你在以前的公司做什么工作?

670.I was in charge of the office in a general way.I supervised three other girls and also took care of the company's correspondence. 我负责一般日常工作。我督导其他三位女职员,我还负责处理公司的函件。

671.Did you take shorthand and do all the typing? 你工作中用速记吗?是否承担所有打字任务?

672.I  typed  all  the  letters  that  went  out  of  the  office.I  was  the  only  one  there  who  could  take shorthand.办公室发出的函件都由我打。我是办公室中惟一会速记的人。

673.How is your shorthand? 你的速记速度如何?

674.I can take dictation at ordinary speed. 我能听写记录正常速度的口授。

675.What courses have you taken in English Secretarial Studies? 你在英文秘书方面修了哪些课程?

676.I've taken such courses as secretarial principles,office ad-ministration,business English,public relations,etiquette  study,psychology,computer  programming,typing,stenography,and file-keeping.
    我修了秘书原理、办公管理、商务英语、公共关系学、礼仪学、心理学、计算机编程、打字、速记和档案管理。

677.Can you operate any office machines? 你能操作办公设备吗?

678.I can type 60 words per minute,and take dictation in English at 100 words per minute. 我每分钟能打 60 个字,每分钟可用英文记录口授 100 字。

679.I can operate a facsimile machine and a photostat. 我会操作传真机和复印机。

680.Where have you learned how to operate these machines? 你是在哪里学会操作这些机器的?

681.I learned how to operate them at ABC Company.I worked there for nearly two years. 这是在 ABC 公司学会操作这些机器的,我在那儿工作了近两年。

Dialogue B
    (I= Interviewer  主试人  A= Applicant  申请人)

A:May I come in?

I:Yes,please.

A:How do you do,sir?I'm Shuijng Cai.I've come for an inter-view as requested.

I:How do you do,Miss Cai?I'm Hongwei Guo,the office administrator,please take a seat.

A:Thank you,Mr. Guo.

I:Now let's get down to talk.First of all,would you please say something about yourself and family?

A:It's my pleasure to do so.I come from Dongguan city.My father is the manager of an import and export  company  in  Dongguan  and  my  mother  works  as  a  doctor  in  a  hospital.I have  an  elder brother.He is in the army.I am twenty-one years old.In 1992,I passed the National College Entrance  Examinations  and  was  admitted  into  Guangzhou  Institute  of  Foreign  Languages  as  an English Major.I specialize in English Secretarial Studies.

I:What courses have you taken in English Secretarial studies?

A:I've taken such courses as secretarial principles,office administration,business English,public relations , etiquette  study , psychology , computer  programming , typing , stenography  and
    file-keeping.

I:How are your typing and shorthand skills?

A:I can type 60 words per minute,and take dictation in English at 100 words per minute.

I:I'd like to try you out.Here's a pencil and a pad.Please take this letter:Johnson Trading Company, Sixteen  Regent  Street.Now  if  you  don't  mind,would  you  type  up  your  dictation  on  that typewriter?

A:Not at all,sir.(preceed to typing)Here you are,Mr. Guo.

I:Thanks.Humm,pretty good.No mistakes and very fast,too.But can you operate any other office machines?

A:Yes.I can operate a facsimile machine and a photostat.

I:Where have you learned how to operate these machines?

A:I learned how to operate them at Foreign Trade Corporation of Guangdong Province last summer.I
    worked there for nearly two months.

I:Oh,really?

A:Yes,it was a very helpful experience.

I:What did you work there,office work?

A:Yes,mostly office work and sometimes running errands.

I:Oh,very good,very good.You've had some practical experience in office work.By the way,
    have you had any experience as a guide?

A:Well,not exactly.But I have shown some of my foreign teachers around Guangzhou and the Pearl
    River Delta as well.

I:Once in a while we'll organize the members of this club to sightseeing around Guangzhou and the Pearl River Delta and I would like to be able to ask my secretary to take them to go sightseeing when there is not much to do in the office.

A:I think I would like that.

I:Fine.You are the very person we want.

A:Thank you,sir.

I:What salary would you expect to get?

A:As for salary,I leave it to you to decide after experience of my capacity.

I:Well,I believe we can offer you 2,500 yuan a month at the start.Would that be satisfactory?

A:Yes,I am quite satisfied.That would be more than I have expected.

I:What date can you start to work?

A:I won't be able to leave the institute until I get my diploma at the end of this month.How about early next month?

I:That'll do.Please come in on August 1st.Working hours are from eight to twelve in the morning and from two to six in the afternoon.We usually work for five days a week,but occasionally we have
    to work overtime.

A:Yes,sir.

I:I'll see you on August 1st then.Thank you very much for coming today.It'll be a pleasure to have you here.

A:Thank you,Mr. Guo.I'm sure I'll enjoy working here,too.

I:I hope so.Good-bye.

A:Good-bye.

Notes  注释

1.Let's get down to talk,first of all... 让我们开始谈吧,首先…

2.In 1992,I passed the National College Entrance Examinations and was admitted into Guangzhou Institute of Foreign Languages as an English major.I specialize in English Secretarial Studies,
    1992 年我通过了高考,录取到广州外国语学院主修英语,我专攻英语文秘。

3.I would like to try you out. 我想考一考你。

4.Please take this letter:Johnson Trading Company,Sixteen Regent Street. 请记录这封信:摄政街 16 号,强臣贸易公司…

5.Yes,mostly office work and sometimes running errands. 是的,大部分是办公室工作,可有时跑外勤。

6.Well,not exactly.But I have shown some of my foreign teachers around Guangzhou and the Pear River Delta as well.嗯,不算真有,但我曾经带过我的一些外籍教师游览过广州市和珠江三角洲。

7.Once in a while we’11 organize the members of this club to sightsee around Guangzhou and the Pearl River Delta and I would like to be able to ask my secretary to take them to go sightseeing when there is not much to do in the office. 我们偶尔会组织本中心的会员游览广州市和珠江三角洲,在办公室没多少事干的时候,我希 望能叫我的秘书带他们去游览观光。

Words and Expressions

Administrator n.行政官员,管理官员
    office administrator 办公室主任
    first of all 首先
    admit v.允许进入,录取
    be admitted into 被…录取
    etiquette n.礼仪,格式
    stenography n.速记法
    pad n.便笺簿
    regent n.摄政王
    Sixteen Regent Street 摄政街 16 号
    Facsimile machine 传真机
    photostat n.v.复印,复印机
    errand n.差使,使命
    run errands 出差,跑腿
    go an errand 出差,跑腿

Lesson 37 About the Job of a Computer Programmer 关于电脑程序员职务

682.What kind of experience have you got for the job? 申请这项工作,你有什么工作经历?

683.I've been a data entry operator for more than two years. 我做数据输入操作员有两年了。

684.Why did you leave your job there?你为什么要离开呢?

685.Well,I enjoy working in different places and meeting new people.That will widen my experience
    in the field of computer technology. 噢,我喜欢在不同的环境中与不同的人一起工作,这会在电脑技术领域扩大我的经历。

686.What kind of education have you got? 你受过什么教育?

687.I studied computer science in Havard University,and got a M.S.degree.
    我曾在哈佛大学修电脑专业,获得了硕士学位。

688.I majored in computer science. 我主修电脑专业。

689.What specialized courses did you take? 你学过什么专业课程?

690.The specialized courses I completed include computer science,system design and analysis,operation systems,systems management,PASCAL programming,COBOL programming and D-BASE programming. 我学过的专业课程包括:计算机科学、系统设计及分析、操作系统、系统管理、PASCAL 编程、COBOL 编程和 D-BASE 编程。

691.I was quite familiar with Fortran and C Language. 我很熟悉 Fortran 和 C 语言。

692.After graduation I worked in a factory for two years and have picked up much experience in CAD.
    毕业后我在一家工厂干了两年,在 CAD 方面积累了不少经验。

693.What do you think about the recent development in computers? 你如何看待计算机行业在近几年内的发展?

694.Revolution in the computer industry is inevitable because developments in hardware are going ahead very quickly.But to turn the computer into a machine that can be easily manipulated, much  more  complex  software  is  needed  than  is  available  now.As  a  result,more  computer programmers should devote themselves into the work. 计算机行业的革命是不可避免的,因为硬件的发展十分迅速,但为了使计算机更易于操作, 需要更多复杂的软件,结果,也需要更多的程序员。

695.We have a vacancy for a computer programmer,working weekdays from 9∶00 a.m.to 3∶00 p.m.with half an hour lunch break.我们有一个电脑程序员的空缺,每天上班上午 9∶00 点至下午 3∶00 点,中间有半小时的 午餐休息时间。

696.What sort of software do you have a good command of? 你熟练使用哪些软件?

697.I'm adept at DOS,WINDOS,and AUTO CAD. 我熟练使用  DOS,WINDOS 和  AUTO CAD。

698.May I know what specific jobs I'll have to do if you employ me as a computer programmer? 请问,如果贵公司聘我为电脑程序员,我必须做些什么具体工作呢?

699.Well,you'll have to put in the computer our daily sales volume and profit margins and analyze them.Are you interested in the work? 噢,你得将我们每天的销售额和盈利情况输入电脑,并且进行分析。你对此项工作感兴趣吗?

Dialogue A
    (E= the Employer 雇主 O= Office Clerk 办公室职员  A= Applicant 申请人)

O:God morning,can I help you?

A:Yes.I have an appointment with Mr. Brian Desmoud.Will you please tell him I'm here?

O:Are you Mr. Dongming Chen?

A:Yes,I am.Is he availble?

O:I'm sorry,he is on the phone at the moment.Will you please wait a minute?

A:No problem.

(……)

O:Mr. Dongming Chen,Brian is available now.Please go through to his office.

(meeting the employer)

E:Hello,I'm Brian.Glad you can come.

A:I'm Dongming Chen.Nince to meet you.

E:Take a seat please.

E:What kind of education have you got?

A:I studied computer science in Nanjng University,and got a M.S.degree.

E:Fine.Would you mind telling me what kind of grades you had?

A:Of course not I had an average of 90 points.

I:What specialized courses did you take?

A:The  specialized  courses  I  completed  include  computer  science,system  design  and  analysis,operation  systems,systems  management,PASCAL programming,COBOL programming  and
    D-BASE programming.

E:Where are you working now?

A:I'm working at ABC Company.

E:What's your position there?

A:I'm a programmer supervisor.

E:What are your responsibilities?
    A:I'm responsible for writing computer programs:developing block diagrams,utilizing available software and operation systems,and coding machine instructions;originating block diagrams, working from outlines of proposed systems;developing file sizes,programming specifications; determining appropriate use of tape or disk files,printer,etc.;selecting in-house software or sub-routines to run in connection with program;writing machine instructions,testing,debugging,and assembling program;documenting overall system and developing data control procedures;advising and instructing less experienced programmers and offering operating instructions.

E:What kind of computer are you experienced in?

A:I'm experienced in all types of IBM-PC computers.

E:What kind o software do you have a good command of?

A:I'm adept at DOS,WINDOWS and AUTO-CAD.

E:How long have you been a programmer supervisor?

A:For more than four years.

E:Tell me why you decided to choose our office.

A:Well,I'm happy with the work at my present post.But I want to get better pay,to tell you the truth.

E:What's your present monthly salary?

A:Sixteen hundred yuan.

E:What starting salary would you expect here?

A:I'd like to start at twenty-six hundred yuan a month.

E:No problem.Do you have any questions to ask?

A:Is there opportunity to advance?

E:Yes,there're good prospects for promotion.

A:Good,this job should suit me well.

E:Can you start next Monday?

E:That's settled then.I'm glad to be able to offer you the job.

A:Thank you,Brian.

E:See you next monday.

Notes  注释

1.Is he available? 他在不在?

2.I am a programmer supervisor. 我任程序员主管。

3.I'm responsible for writing computer programs:developing block diagrams,utilizing available software and operation systems,and coding machine instructions;originating block digrams, working from outlines of proposed systems;developing file sizes,programming specifications; determing appropriate use of tape or disk files,printer,etc. 我负责编制计算机程序:编制部件图;运用现有软件和操作系统编制机器指令;根据所用系 统的略图自编部件图;编制磁卡规格和程序规格;决定使用合适的磁盘、磁卡、打印机等等。

4.…  selecting in-house software of sub-routines to run in connection with program;writing machine instruction,testing,debugging,and  assembling  program;documenting  overall  system  and developing data control procedures;advising and instructing less experienced programmers and offering operating instructions. 选择同程序相关的机内软件或子程序;编制计算机指令;检测、改正程序中的差错并组合程 序;编制总系统并制定数据控制程序;指导经验不足的程序员并给予操作指导。

5.But I want to get better pay,to tell you the truth. 不过,说实话,我想获得更优厚的报酬。

6.Yes,there're good prospects for promotion. 有,提升的机会很多。

7.That's settled then. 那么,就这样定了。

Words and Expressions

software n.软件
    hardware n.硬件
    pick up v.积累
    CAD:Computer Assisted Design 电脑辅助设计
    inevitable a.不可避免的
    Is he available? 他在不在?(我可不可以见他?)
    on the phone 正在打电话
    M.S degree:Master of Science degree 理学硕士学位
    supervisor   n.主管,监督人
    programmer n.程序员
    diagram n.图解,图式
    code v.编码
    code machine instructions 编制机器指令
    specification n.规格(常用复数形式)
    debug v.排除错误
    adept a.长于…的

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 21:18:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客17
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 38 About the Job of a Stewardess  关于空中小姐职务

700.You would like to become a stewardess,wouldn't you? 你愿意当一名空中小姐,对吗?

701.Yes,I would like to very much. 是的,我很想做一名空中小姐。

702.What made you decide on this type of occupation? 什么使你决定从事这一职业?

703.Oh,to tell you the truth,I love the sky.When I was a child,I imagined flying into the blue sky some day.Now,I think the day has come.My dream can come true. 噢,说真的,我喜爱蓝天。我还是个小孩子的时候,就曾想象将来某一天能飞上蓝天。现 在,我觉得这一天终于来了。我的梦想会成真。

704.I like travelling very much and I enjoy working with peo-ple. 我喜欢旅行,也喜欢与别人一起工作。

705.Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty?
    你能不费力气地用英语交谈吗?

706.Yes,I think I am quite fluent in English. 能,我认为我能说流利的英语。

707.What's the most important thing of being an air hostess? 当一名空中小姐最重要的是什么?

708.The most important task of being an air hostess is helping passengers relax during their flight Flying is a stressful thing and if an air hostess can ease that tension,it will make a favorable impression for the airline. 空中小姐最重要的任务是帮助旅客在飞行过程中放松。坐飞机是令人紧张的事,如果空中 小姐能缓和那种紧张,就可以为航空公司创造良好的形象。

709.Do you know what are the responsibilities for the aircrew? 你知道空勤人员的职责是什么?

710.The main responsibility of the flight crew is to ensure the safety of the passengers in case of an emergency.Other re-sponsibilities are providing for the comfort of the passengers and serving meals. 空勤人员的主要职责是出现紧急情况时保证旅客的安全。其他职责是为乘客提供舒适和招 待饮食。

711.Are you in good health? 你身体健康吗?

712.I just had a complete physical examination and I was de-clared in top condition. 我刚刚全面检查了身体,医生说我非常健康。

713.Have you had any nursing experience?How about taking care of children?How you ever been
    a baby-sitter? 你有没有照顾病人的经验?照看小孩的经验?你看过小孩吗?

714.I know it's not a easy job,  but I'm young,besides I'm in good health. 我知道这不是件轻松的工作,但我年轻,而且我现在身体很健康。

715.I have never done any nursing but I love children.I haven't had any experience as a baby-sitter,either. 我没有照顾过病人。我喜欢孩子,但我也没有看孩子的经验。

716.How tall are you?What about your eyesight? 你身高如何?视力如何?

717.My height is one meter and sixty-eight centimeters.I've never had any vision problems and have never worn corrective lenses.
    我身高 1.68 米,我视力从来没有问题,也未戴过眼镜。

Dialogue A

I:Come in.Miss Lin.I'm Mr Wang,  Director of Personnel.
    What can I do for you?

A:How do you do,Mr Wang?I'm coming for a job interview at ten O’clock this morning.

I:Oh,I see Please sit down.

I:So you would like to become a stewardess,wouldn't you?

A:Yes,I'd like to very much.

I:Well,how old are you?

A:I was born on August 5,1975.So I'm 24 years of age.I'm just leaving college this summer.

I:OK.But what made you decide on this type of occupation?

A:Oh,to tell you the truth,I love the sky.When I was a child. I imagined flying into the blue sky some day.Now,I think the day has come.My dream can come true.

I:Then,  do you know it's not a easy job to be a stewardess?

A:Yes.I know it's not a easy job,but I'm young,besides I'm in good health.

I:Yes.Youth and health are one's best wealth.By the way,what's your height?

A:168 centimeters.

I:What about your eyesight?

A:I've never had any vision problems and have never worn cor-rective lenses.

I:Do you know sometimes you would have to work long hours?

A:Yes,I do.

I:Do your parents agree to your choice?

A:My mother is just waiting at home for my good news.

I:What's the most important thing of being an air hostess?

A: The  most  important  task  of  being  an  air  hostess  is  helping  passengers  relax  during  their flight.Flight is a stressful thing and if an air hostess can ease that tension,it will make a favorable impression for the airline.

I:Do you think friendly service is very important for the airline staff?

A:Definitely.I would think this is one of the most important aspects when dealing with the public in any way.

I:Do you get angry easily?

A:No,I know how to control my temper.I only get angry if I see someone hurting somebody else.

I:If one of your passengers had an accident,what would you do?

A:I would give him basic first aid and call for assistance.

I:Can you make yourself understood in English without too much difficulty?

A:Yes,I think I'm quite fluent in English.

I:Do you take care of your appearance?

A:Yes,I feel taking care of myself with sufficient rest and a good diet are important.

I:Do you know how to put on makeup?

A:Yes,I took some beauty classes a few months ago.

I:What part of your face is the most attractive,why?

A:I think for me and anybody else a smile can be the most at-tractive feature,because it lights up my whole face.

I:If you were hired,when would you be available?

A:I'll graduate from the college by the end of this month.Next month,that is July,I'll be available.

I:OK.If you were hired you would be expected to report for taining on the 8th of August.

A:Yes,that's OK.
    I:Considering your qualifications,we believe you would be a good stewardess.But as you know,we are considering sever-al other applicants and will make our final decision by the end of this month.We'll send you a letter then,if you're hired.Thank you for your coming,Miss Lin.

A:Thank you,  Mr Wang.

Notes 注释

1.Yes.Youth and health are one's best wealth.By the way,what's your height? 是的,年轻和健康是人最宝贵的财富,顺便问一下,你身高多少?

2.Do you think friendly service is very important for the airline staff? 你认为对空中服务人员来说友好服务很重要吗?

3.Definitely,I would think this is one of the most important aspects when dealing with the public in any way.
    肯定重要。我认为不论以什么方式与公众打交道都应提供友好的服务。

4.If one of your passengers had an accident,  what would you do? 如果旅客发生意外,你怎么办?

5.I would give him first aid and call for assistance. 我将对他进行基本的急救,然后呼救。

6.Do you take care of your appearance? 你是否注意自己的容貌?

7.I think for me and anybody else a smile can be the most attractive feature,because it lights up my whole face. 我认为对我和其他人一样,微笑是一个人最吸引人的特征,因为微笑会使一个人整个面部 都容光焕发。

8.If you were hired you would be expected to report for training on the 8th of August. 如果雇用你,我们希望你 8 月 8 号来报到参加培训。

9.That's OK. 好的。

10.Considering you qualifications…考虑你的资格……

11.But as you know…但正如你所知……

Words and Expressions

Dierector of Personnel 人事部主任
    Stewardess n.女乘务员,空中小姐
    to tell you the truth 说真话
    stressful   a.有压力的
    tension n.紧张,压力
    first aid  急救
    fluent a.流畅的,流利的
    makeup n.化妆品

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 21:19:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客18
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 39  About the Job of a Car Driver 关于司机职务

718.You are very punctual. 你来得很准时。

719.Thank you,  Sir.I'm a chauffeur.  Generally speaking,a cauffeur must be punctual. 谢谢,先生,我是一名司机,一般来说,当司机都是很准时的。

720.We've been looking over your application.You've more than ten years’ experience in driving cars and trucks.Is it right?
    我看过你的申请材料,你已经有 10 多年开汽车和卡车的经验,是不是?

721.Yes,I learned to drive jeeps and trucks when I was serving in the army. 是的,我是在部队服役时学会了开吉普车和卡车。

722.How long have you been driving? 你开车多长时间了?

723.For eight years. 八年了。

724.Would you mind showing me your driving license? 能看看你的驾驶执照吗?

725.Never mind.Here it is. 可以,给您。

726.Now you are working in the Sanjiang Company,aren't you? 你现在在三江公司工作,对吗?

727.Yes,I've been working there for three years as a chauffeur. 我在那儿做司机三年了。

728.Then why are you leaving there? 那你为什么要离开呢?

729.The only reason why I am leaving the present position is with the desire of improving myself.
    我离开现职的惟一原因是要找个更好的职位。

730.By the way,what kind of driving licenses do you have? 顺便问一句,你持有何种驾驶执照?

731.I have the driving license A. 我持有 A 类驾照。

732.So I can drive either delivery trucks or cars or even buses. 我能开送货卡车、小汽车甚至公共汽车。

733.Besides,I have an electrician's license. 此外,我有电工证。

734.Any accidents? 出过事故吗?

735.No.I think I'm a pretty careful driver. 没有,我认为我是个很小心的司机。

736.Do you drink?你会喝酒吗?

737.Yes,a little;but I never drink before driving. 会,会喝一点,但我从不在开车前喝酒。

738.When am I supposed to start working? 我什么时候开始上班?

739.Starting from Monday.Bring your resume,driver's license and ID card with you when you come,and report to the personnel manager. 星期一开始。顺便把简历表、驾驶执照及身份证带来,向人事经理报到。

Dialogue A

I:Come in,  please.

A:I was wanted to come at 10 o’clock this morning and have a talk about the appointment.

I:Yes.You are very punctual.

A:Thank you,Sir.I'm a chauffeur,Generally speaking,a chauffeur must be punctual.

I:What's your name?

A:My name is Dongming Wu.May I have your name,Sir?

I:I'm Mr. Brown.Please sit down,Mr Wu.

A:Thank you,Mr Brown.

I:Would you like to have a cup d coffee or a can of Coca-Cola?

A:A can of Coca-Cola,please.

I:Here you are.

A:A thousand thanks,sir.

I:Do you know anything about Coca-Cola?

A:Yes.It is a most popular beverage in the world.It has a long history.In 1886 a pharmacist called Aza Grigs Chandler patented Coca-Cola in Atlanta,Georgia.By the way,I like Coca-Cola very much.

I:We've been looking over your application.You've more than ten years’ experience in driving car and trucks.  Is it right?

A:Yes.I learned to drive jeeps and trucks when I was serving in the army.

I:It was from 1978 to 1983,wasn't it?

I:Now you are working in the Sanjiang Company,aren't you? A:Yes.I've been working there for three years as a chauffeur. I:Then why are you leaving there?
    A:The only reason why I am leaving the present position is with the desire of improving myself.

I:How much do you usually earn a month?

A:Sometimes a little over three thousand yuan and sometimes less than two thousand yuan.So I think your monthly salary of two thousand eight hundred is quite attractive.

I:Are you a local resident or a provincial?

A:I'm a Shanghaiese by birth.Here is a copy of my ID card.

I:Then,why are you interested in our company?

A:Because yours is one of the most effective and respectable companies in our city.I'd like to work for it and enjoy its high prestige as well.

I:I see.Have you ever worked for Americans before?

A:  Yes,I was a driver for an American family three years ago,part time only.

I:Why did you quit?

A:Because they went back to the States.

I:By the way,what kind of driving licenses do you have?

A:I have the driving license A.So I can drive either delivery trucks or cars or even buses.Beides,
    I have an electrician's license.

I:Good.But if you were hired,you would improve the spoken English,because you would have to deal with foreigners.

A:Sure.I studied Basic English and spoken English at the Evening College of Shanghai Foreign
    Languages University during the last few years.

I:That's fine.What kind of cars are you driving in the Sanjiang Company?

A:Audi.

I:Any accident?

A:No,I think I am a safe driver.

I:That's very good.De you drink?

A:Yes,a little;but I never drink before driving.

I:Do you smoke?

A:No,I don't.

I:Good.We  expect  our  employees  to  work  hard  and  of  course  they  are  well  paid  for  their  hard work.We give generous bonus,too.

A:How much will my pay be,if you don't mind my asking?

I:We would like to start you off at 3,000 yuan a month,not including bonus and overtime pay.We don't give bonus every month,but we offer a semi-annual bonus.And you'll receive two weeks’paid vacation a year,as well.Does it suit you?

I:When can you start the work?

A:I'll go and quit my job in the Sanjiang company first and then....How about next Wednesday?

I:No problem.Then we will see at 9 o’clock next Wednesday.

Notes 注释
    1.A thousand thanks,  sir. 非常感谢,先生。

2.How much do you usually earn a month? 你通常一个月挣多少钱?

3.So I think your monthly salary of two thousand eight hundred is quite attractive. 所以我觉得你们能提供 2,800 元月薪是很吸引人的。

4.Are you a local resident or provincial? 你是本地人还是外地人?

5.I'm a Shanghaiese by birth.Here is a copy of my ID card. 我是土生土长的上海人,这是我身份证的复印件。

6.Because yours is one of the most effective and respectable companies in our city.I'd like to work for it and enjoy its high prestige as well.
    因为贵公司是本市最具高效率、令人敬佩的公司之一,我想为它工作,也能分享它的盛誉。

7.Audi. 奥迪车。

8.Any accident? 出过事故吗?

9.We would like to start you off at 3,000 yuan a month,not including bonus and overtime pay. 我们将给你月薪 3,000 元作为起薪,不包括奖金和加班费。

Words and Expressions

punctual a.按时的,守时的
    chauffeur n.司机
    generally speaking 一般说来
    driving license A  A 类驾驶执照
    beverage n.饮料(茶,汽水等)
    pharmacist  n.药剂师
    patent  v.获得……的专利
    provincial a.省的,外省的
    Shanghaiese  n.上海人
    prestige n.声望,威信
    Shanghai Foreign Languages University 上海外国语大学
    generous a.慷慨的,丰富的

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:11:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客19
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 40 About the Job of a Salesperson 关于销售员职务

740.I came in answer to your advertisement for a salesperson. 我是来应征贵公司所招聘的售货员一职的。

741.I see.Will you walk this way,please? 我明白了,请到这边来好吗?

742.What experience have you had? 你有什么经验呢?

743.I'm  afraid  I  haven't  had  any  experience  in  just  this  sort  of  work.I'm  studying  business administration in college.I want to get a job that would tie in with my studies. 这种工作我恐怕没有什么经验。我大学学的是商业管理,我想找一个与所学知识有关联的 工作。

744.Have you got any selling experience at all? 你有售货的经验吗?

745.I worked in a department store in a small town last summer vacation. 我去年暑假在一个小城镇的百货店工作过。

746.What subjects did you like most at university? 你在大学时最喜欢什么课程?

747.I like sales strategies most.我最喜欢销售策略这门课。

748.Now tell me about your educational background.请给我讲讲你的教育背景。

749.I graduated from Beijing College of Commerce. 我毕业于北京商学院。

750.I majored in commerce. 我主修商业专业。

751.What courses have you completed? 你修过哪些课程?

752.The courses I completed are marketing,business law,business English,statistics,marketing principles,sales management,distribution theory,economics and psychology. 我修过的课程有:市场营销、商业法、商务英语、统计学、营销原理、销售管理、商品配 销理论,经济学和心理学。

753.Why would you like to work with us? 你为什么愿意来我们这儿工作?

754.It's a job I'm interested in,and your company is one of the best known.Although I have no work experience as a salesperson,the job description you sent was very interesting.It's a job I've been dreaming of since I was at university. 贵公司是最有名气的公司之一,我也喜欢这种工作。虽然我没有什么销售员的经验,你们 给我的职位说明很有意思,这是我上大学时就想从事的工作。

755.Do you know anything about this company?你了解本公司吗?

756.Yes,a little.  As you mentioned just now,yours is an American capital company.As far as l know your company is a world famous one which produces cosmetics and skin -care products. 我知道一些,正如你所提到的,贵公司是一家美资公司,据我所知,贵公司是一家世界著 名公司,生产化妆品和护肤品。

757.In what department did you work? 你以前在哪一部门工作呢?

758.I was in women's Fashion Department. 我在女装部工作。

759.Have you got an excellent record in English? 你英语成绩好吗?

760.Yes,I think I can manage English conversations with American staff members. 是的,我认为我可以和美国员工进行英语会话。

Dialogue A

A:Is this the General Manager office?

I:Yes,it is.Be seated,please.

I:May I have your name?

A:Linda Li.I was asked to have an interview this afternoon.

I:Yes.How old are you,Miss Li?

A:I'm 25.

I:How many people are there is your family?

A:Four.They are my father,my mother,my elder brother and me.

I:What do your parents do?

A:My father is a purchaser at a department store and my mother is a saleswoman at the same store.

I:Now tell me about your educational background.

A:OK.I graduated from Beijing College of Commerce.My major is commerce.

I:What courses have you completed?

A:The courses I've completed are marketing,business law,business English,statistics,marketing principles,sales management,distribution theory,economics and psychology.

I:How are your grades?

A:I have got an average of 90 points.

I:What subject did you like best at college?

A:I liked sales strategies best.

I:Can you explain why?

A:I like dealing with people.It's quite challenging.

I:Have you got an excellent record in English?

A:Yes,I obtained nearly full marks in English.

I:That's only for your written work,I'm afraid.What about your oral English?You know,some staff members   in   this   company   are   Americans   as   ours   is   an   American   capital   company . So conversational English is very important in our company.

A:I  think  I  can  manage  English  conversations  with  American  staff  members.At  college  I  often practice oral English with my classmates or cassettes.

I:Why are you interested in the job?

A:Because I love your company.Yours is one of the effective and respectable companies in this area.

I:I see.Have you worked anywhere else?

A:Yes.Four years ago,I began to work in a developing company in Nantong. One year later,I came
    to Shanghai,and worked in a small department store as a salesgirl.and now I'm secretary to
    Gemeral Manager of Xin Xin Department Store.

I:OK.We have received your letter and resume in answer to your advertisement in the paper.I'd like
    to talk about your qualifications for the position.

A:I think you must have got a lot of replies to your advertisement.

I:I  haven't  counted  the  exact  number  of  the  replies,but  I  think  there  were  at  least  thirty  for  the job.However,many who applied don't have the qualifications we require.We only picked out the ten best replies for interviews.And yours is just among them.

A:Thanks.I'm glad that my letter is acceptable.

I:You mentioned in your letter that you had worked in a small department store as a salesperson.In what department?

A:Ladies fashion.

I:Did you like the job?

A:Yes, I liked it very much.In fact,I have a good taste in dress.I think I'm interested in clothing design and like to be dressed in fashion.

I:Well,Miss Li,it was nice talking to you.However,we want to interview the other applicants before making any final decision.You will hear from us soon.Thank you for your coming,Miss Li.

A:Thank you Sir.I hope to hear from you as soon as possible.

Notes 注释

1.Be seated,please. 请坐。

2.My father is purchaser at a department store and my mother is a saleswoman at the same store. 我父亲是一家百货商店采购员,我母亲是同一商店的售货员。

3.I have got an average of 90 points. 我各门成绩平均 90 分。

4.Yes.Four years ago,I began to work in a developing company in Nantong. 有过。四年前我开始在南通一家正处于发展阶段的公司工作。

5.We only picked out the ten best replies for interviews.And yours is just among them. 我们只挑选了十位最优秀的申请人来参加面谈,你的材料是其中之一。

6.Ladies fashion. 女装部。

7.In fact,I have a good taste in dress  事实上,我对时装很有眼光。

Words and Expressions

salesperson n.售货员
    tie in with 与……有关联
    commerce n.商业
    marketing   n.市场营销
    statistics    n.统计学
    psycology n.心理学
    cosmetics  n.化妆品
    skincare products 护肤产品
    skincare 一词由 skin(皮肤)+care(护理)组成
    English convesations 英语会话
    purchaser n.采购员,购买者
    sales strategies 销售策略,销售方法
    pick up v.挑选
    ladies’ fashion 女式时装

Lesson 41 About the Job of a Receptionist  关于接待员职务

761.I came about your advertisement for receptionists in the newspaper last week.
    我是来应聘你们在上周的报纸上招聘的接待员一职的。

762.Have you worked anywhere else? 我在别处工作过吗?

763.Yes,I've  been  working  in  the  Beauty  Restaurant  as  a  full-time  waiter  after  leaving  the occupational school.
    有,我从职业学校毕业后一直在美丽饭店当服务员。

764.Here is my resume. 这是我的简历。

765.May I ask why you are interested in working at our hotel? 能否问一下,你为何对我们宾馆感兴趣?

766.Because I think I'm fit for a receptionist's job.I'm still learning spoken English,you know.There will be a lot of foreigners to come to your hotel,won't there? 我认为我很适合做接待员,你要知道,我正在学习英语口语,肯定会有很多外国人来你们 宾馆的,不是吗?

767.Certainly. 当然会有。

768.When did you study English? 你何时学的英语?

769.When I was a student,English happened to be my favorite subject.After graduation,I went on studying spoken English in my spare time. 我上学时,英语是我最喜欢的课程,毕业后,我在业余时间继续学习英语口语。

770.Do you think if there is still any room for improvement in your spoken English? 你是否以为你的英语口语还有提高的余地呢?

771.Sure,I do think so. 确实,我认为是的。

772.Do you think you have a good command of hotel English? 你精通饭店英语吗?

773.Yes,I think so. 我想我是的。

774.Where do you work now? 你现在何处工作?

775.I work at Beijing Hotel.我在北京饭店工作。

776.Can you tell me why you want to leave the present post? 你能告诉我你为什么要放弃目前的岗位吗?

777.For one thing,I'm desirous of working with a large hotel like yours.I know your hotel is a five
    -star-grade hotel with a good reputation both at home and abroad.For another thing,my present  post  does  not  involve  me  much  in  speaking  English.I  think  I  will  have  more opportunities to use English at your hotel. 其一,我想在像你们这样的大宾馆工作。我知道你们宾馆是一家五星级宾馆,在国内外享 有盛名。 其二,我目前的岗位让我说英语的机会不多,我想在贵宾馆我会有更多机 会使用英语。

778.Do you want to work here because you can speak English? 你是因为能说英语才来我们宾馆的吗?

779.No,not  just  because  I  can  speak  English.What  I  really  want  is  the  chance  to  learn  some advanced methods of management from foreign staff members. 不,不只是因为会英语,我真正希望的是要从外国职员那里学到一些先进的管理方法。

Dialogue A

I:Good morning.Can I help you?

A:Yes.I came about your advertisement for receptionists in the newspaper last week.

I:Oh,yes.Won't you sit down?  What's your name?

A:My name is Anhua Zhao.

I:How old are you?

A:I'm twenty-four years old.

I:Have you worked anywhere else?

A:Yes,I've  been  working  in  the  Beauty  Restaurant  as  a  full-time  waiter  after  leaving  the occupational school.Here is my resume.

I:Good.May I ask why you are interested in working at our hotel?

A:Because  I  think  I'm  fit  for  a  receptionist's  job.I'm  still  learn-ing  spoken  English,you know.There'll be a lot of foreigners to come to your hotel,won't there?

I:Certainly.When did you study English?

A:When I was a student,English happened to be my favorite subject.After graduation.I went on studying spoken English in my spare time.

I:I see.Do you think if there is still any room for improvement in your spoken English?

A:Sure,I do think so.But as the old saying goes“Where there is a will,there is a way.”I'll do my best to improve my spoken English.

I:Well,that's a good answer.Can you tell me why you want to leave your present post?

A:I'm desirous of leaving my present employer simply because I see no chance of advancement.

I:Do you want to work here because you can speak English?

A:No,not just because I can speak English.What I really want is the chance to learn some advanced methods of management from foreign staff members.

I:We  believe  you  would  be  able  to  do  the  job  very  well.But  as  you  know,we  have  dozens  of applicants to be answered.We can't reach a final decision until we talked to all applicants being asked to come here.

A:When can I know whether I'm accepted or not?

I:I think we'll send you a letter by early next month if you are wanted.

A:I see.Thank you for your talking with me.

I:Thank you,Mr Zhao,for your interest in our hotel.Good luck to you.

Notes 注释

1.Yes,I came about your advertisement for…
    是的,我是来应聘……广告的职位的。这里用  came 过去时多,用 have come 现在完成时少。 虽然是刚刚来到,但 come 这一动作已结束,所以用过去式。

2.But as the old saying goes“Where there is a will,the is a way.I'll do my best to improve my spoken
    English. 但正如一句老话所说:“有志者事竞成”,我将尽力提高我的英语口语。

3.I'm desirous of leaving my present employer simply because I see no chance of advancement.
    我离开现在的雇主,仅仅是因为我看不到有提升的机会。

4.But as you know,we have dozens of applicants to be answered. 但你也知道,我们还有几个应征者要面谈。

5.We can't reach a final decision until we talked to all applicants being asked to come here. 我们要在所有被请来面试的都面谈之后,才能做出最后的决定。

6.When can I know whether I'm accepted or not? 我什么时候才能得知我是否被录用了?

7.…if you are wanted. 如果你被录用的话。

8.Good luck to you. 祝你好运。

Words and Expressions

receptionist n.接待员
    occupational a.职业的
    occupational school 职业学校
    spare a.空闲的
    five-star-grade 为复合词,五星级的
    a three-thousand-word article 一篇三千字的文章
    the eighth five-year plan 第八个五年计划
    reputation n.声誉,声望
    of good reputation 有名望的

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:12:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客20
    发贴心情 
    Lesson 42 About the Job of a Front Office Manager 关于前台经理职务

780.Why are you leaving your present job? 你为何要离开现职呢?

781.I'm desirous to leave my present employment so that I can improve my position and have more responsibilities.我希望离开现职就是为了提高我的职位和获得更多的责任。

782.I'd like you to tell me some of what you've been doing recently. 我想请你告诉我你最近一直在做什么?

783.Every day I go to work on time to guarantee the proper operation of the front desk.
    我每天按时上班,以保证前台工作的顺利进行。

784.We accept booking,tell about room rates,find out how the bill will be paid and help the guests to check in and check out.When some guests want to have cancellations,change rooms or extend a reservation,we should always offer our help with courtesy. 我们接受订房、解释房价、看顾客以什么方式结算,帮助顾客入住及结账。如果有顾客要 求取消预订、换房间或延长住宿时间,我们总是给予周到服务。

785.In what way do most clients check out? 多数顾客以什么方式结账?

786.Most clients check out by credit card,traveller's cheques or Master card.Our hotel doesn't accept personal cheques.
    多数顾客用信用卡、旅行支票或万事达卡结账。我们不接受个人支票。

787.How do you deal with a reservation mix-up? 你们如何处理订房出现的差错?

788.If we are booked solid,I would first of all apologize to the clients for this mistake.Then I'll ask them to rest on the chairs while I contact another hotel for them. 如果所有房间都已订完,我先向顾客道歉,然后请他们坐下休息,我为他们另外联系一个
    宾馆。

789.What would you do if the guest's total bill exceeds the credit limit? 如果顾客的账单超过信用卡限额怎么办?

790.I would ask if the guest is willing to pay the difference by cash.If not,I'll try to get permission from the office which set the limit to extend credit over that amount. 我先征求顾客意见,看他是否愿意用现金支付差价。如果不愿意的话,我就和发卡机关联 系,看能不能扩大限额度。

791.Why are you interested in working with our hotel? 你为何对到我们宾馆工作感兴趣?

792.My  past  work  experience  is  closely  related  to  this  job.I  am  confident  of  doing  the  job well.Therefore I am desirous to get this post. 我过去的经验同这份工作密切相关,我有信心把它做好。因此我很想得到这一职位。

793.Don't you like the work? 你不喜欢那份工作吗?

794.I liked the work.  However,  the hotel is too small for me to widen my experience. 我喜欢那份工作,但那家宾馆太小了,难以增长我的工作经验。

795.There are not many foreign guests in the hotel.As an Eng-lish major,I'd like to take a more challenging job.That's the reason why I want to come here for a job. 我们那家宾馆没有多少外国客人,作为一名英语专业的学生,我想做一些更具挑战性的工作。这就是我为什么要来此应聘的原因。

796.How long have you been working there? 你在那儿干多长时间了?

797.I've been working there since 1996. 我从 1996 年起就在那家宾馆工作。

Dialogue A

A:Excuse me.  May I see Mr. John Watt,  the manager?

I:It's me.  What can I do for you?

A:I have come at your invitation for an interview.Nice to meet you,Mr Watt.

I:Nice to meet you,too.Please sit down.

I:I've invited several candidates to come today.You are the first one to have arrived. I hope that the early bird will catch the worm.

A:I hope so.

I:  May I have your name?

A:I am Beijiang Zhang.

I:How do you spell your surname?

A:Zhang——Z.H.A.N.G.

I:Now tell me what university you were graduated from.

A:I was graduated from Nanjing University. I:What was your major in the university? A:My major is English.
    I:No wonder you speak English so fluently.

A:Thank you for your compliment,sir.

I:Where are you working now?

A:I'm working at Baodao Hotel.

I:I would like you to tell me some of what you have been doing recently.

A:OK.Every day I go to work on time to guarantee the proper operation of the front desk.We accept booking,tell about room rates,find out how the bill will be paid and help the guests to check in and  check  out.When some guests want to have cancellations,change rooms or extend a reservation,we should always offer our help with courtesy.

I:In what way do most clients check out?

A:Most clients check out by credit card,traveller's cheques or Master Card.Our hotel doesn't accept personal cheques.

I:How do you deal with a reservation mix-up?

A:If we are booked solid,I would first of all apologize to the clients for this mistake.Then I'll ask them to rest on the chairs while I contact another hotel for them.

I:  What would you do if the guest's total bill exceeds the credit limit?

A:I would ask if the guest is willing to pay the difference by cash.If not,I'll try to get permission from the office which set the limit to extend credit over that amount.

I:You seem to have done a good job.Why would you come here to apply for the job?

A:Ours is a small hotel.There are not many foreign guests every year.As an English major,I'd like
    to take a more challenging job.That's the reason why I want to come and work in your hotel.
    I:How long have you been working there?

A:I've been working there since 1996.

I:Could you tell me your expectation in salary?

A:The average salary for department managers is OK.

I:Have you got any other extra requirements?

A:No.

I:  We'll grant you a commencing salary of 3,500 yuan a month.Is that acceptable to you?

A:I think to.

I:  How can we contact you about our final decision?

A:You can call me at this number during the work hours.

I:We'll get in touch with you by next Monday.Thank you,Mr. Zhang for your interest in our hotel.

A:Thank you,Mr. Watt.I hope to see you again.

I:I hope so.

Notes  注释

1.It's me. 我就是。

2.You are the first one to have arrived.I hope that the early bird will catch the worm. 你是第一个来到的,我希望捷足者会达到目的。
    The early bird will catch the worm. 是一句谚语,译为:早起的鸟儿有虫吃。

3.No wonder you speak English so fluently. 难怪你的英语如此流利。
    No wonder(that)… 难怪……,……不足为奇,如:
    He had made a thorough investigation.No wonder he knew so much about it. 他进行了彻底的调查,无怪他对此事了解很多。

4.Thank you for your compliment,sir. 谢谢你的夸奖,先生。

5.The average salary for department managers is OK. 部门经理的平均工资即可。

Words and Expressions

recently ad.最近,近来
    guarantee v.保证
    the front desk (宾馆的)前台工作
    Front Office Manager 前台经理
    room rates 房间价格
    check in  登记入住
    check out  结账
    cancellation n.取消预订
    reservation n.预留、预订
    with courtesy 礼貌地,客气地
    client n.顾客,委托人
    credit card 信用卡
    traveller's cheque 旅行支票
    Master Card 万事达卡
    personal cheque 个人支票 注意:  
    cheque 在英语中也可拼写为 check。
    book solid 客满
    exceed v.超过
    compliment n.赞扬,称赞的话
    commencing salary 起薪
    get in touch with 与……联系

Lesson 43 About the Job of a Tourist Guide 关于导游职务

798.Why do you want to be a tour guide? 你为何想当导游呢?

799.I want to be a tour guide because I like to travel and I also like meeting various kinds of people.
    我想当导游是因为我喜欢旅游,也喜欢和各式各样的人接触。

800.I think guiding Chinese tourists abroad would be very inter-esting. 我以为给到国外旅游的中国人当导游肯定很有意思。

801.What courses have you completed at college? 你大学时学的什么课程?

802.In adition to English,I have studied economics of tourism,tourist marketing,tourist psycology,  tourist cultures,tourist etiquette science,guiding methods and techniques,vocational ethics of tourism,law of tourism,and so on. 除了英语外,我们学了旅游经济学、旅游市场学、旅游心理学、旅游文化学、旅游礼仪学、 导游方法技巧、旅游职业道德与旅游法律等等。

803.Have you learned any other foreign languages other than English? 除了英语,你还学过其他外语吗?

804.Yes,I have learned a little French. 有,我们还学了一点法语。

805.Were you taught by any foreign teachers? 有外教教过你们吗?

806.  Yes.  Foreign teachers from the United States,  Canada,England taught us English at college.
    有,上大学不时有来自美国、加拿大、英国的外籍老师给我们上英语课。

807.What are the responsibilities of a tourist guide? 导游的工作职责是什么?

808.A tourist guide must be responsible for arranging and coordinating tour activities,and offering service of transportation,accommodations,sightseeing, shopping and entertainment. 导游员必须安排和协调导游活动,以及为旅游者提供交通、住宿、观光、购物和娱乐等等服务。

Dialogue A

I:Hello,Mr. Li.  Won't you sit down?

A:Thanks a lot.

I:I'm Weimin Liu,the personnel manager.Nice to meet you.

A:How do you do,Mr. Liu?I'm pleased to see you.

I:Now let's start with your identification.  Please tell me your full name.

A:My full name is Ming Li.

I:Where do you come from?

A:I come from Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region.

I:How many people are there in your family?

A:There are five of us:my grandmother,my parents,and elder sister and me.

I:How do you get along with your sister?

A:We get along very well.She is one year senior to me.  When I go home during holidays every year,  we go boating and mountain climbing together a lot.

I:Do you think you are quite extroverted or introverted?

A:Well,I always enjoy being with a group of people and chatting with others.But when I come to be reading,I prefer to be by myself.On the whole,I'm quite outgoing.

I:  Why do you want to be a tour guide?

A:I like to travel and I also like meeting various kinds of people,so I think guiding Chinese tourists abroad would be interesting.

I:What courses have you completed at Beijing Institute of Foreign Languages for Tourism?

A:In addition to English,I have studied economics of tourism,tourist marketing,tourist psychology, tourist cultures,tourist etiquette science,guiding methods and techniques,vocational ethics of tourism,law of tourism, and so on.

I:Have you learned any other foreign languages other than English?

A:Yes,I have learned a little French and German as well.

I:What are the responsibilities of a tourist guide?

A:A tourist guide must be responsible for arranging and coordinating tour activities,and offering service of transportation,accommodations,sightseeing,shopping and entertainment.

I:  Have you ever had any actual experience as a tourist guide?

A:I  have  a  little  experience.I  guided  a  few  groups  of  foreign  tourist  around  Beijing  last  winter vacation.I showed them to the Great Wall,the Imperial Palace,the Ming Tombs,the Temple of Heaven,and the Summer Palace.

I:Then you may know that it's hard work.

A:Yes,I know.  But I don't mind working hard.

I:  Have you sat for the National Examinations for Tourist Guides?

A:Yes,I have got a qualification certificate.

I:If we engage you as a guide in Overseas Department,which section do you expect to work in,Asian Section,or European Section,or American Section?

A:I'd like to work in American Section,for my knowledge of America is better than that of the other continents.

I:Speaking of America,I'd like to ask you a few questions.Which river is the  longest one in America?

A:The Mississippi River.

I:Can you name some large cities in the U.S.?

A:New York,Washington,San Francisco,Los Angeles,Philadelphia,Boston, Houston, Chicago,only to mention a few among many.

I:What is the Yellowstone National Park famous for?

A:It's well-known for its natural geysters.

I:In which state is the Grand Canyon?

A:In Arizona.

I:There is a famous tourist attraction between the U.  S.and Canada.What is it?

A:Niagara Falls.

I:Well, it seems to me that you won't fail to answer any questions. Now tell me when you can start
    to work here.

A:I'll come down to Guangzhou as soon as I receive my diploma and bachelor's degree certificate next month.  Perhaps some-where around July 20.

I:Is there anything you want to ask about?

A:No.I only wish that you could given me a definite answer to my application as soon as possible.If you fail to accept me,I'll have to secure a position elsewhere.

I:I see. Actually,I can give you a positive answer right here and now:tomorrow I'm going to send a letter of acceptance to your institute.So you can go back to Beijing with ease.

A:Thank you,Mr. Liu,for your kind offer.

I:We'll expect you here next month.See you then. A:See you later.

Notes 注释

1.Now let's start with your indentification. 让我们从你的身份开始。

2.I come from Guangxi Zhuang Autonomous Region. 我来自广西壮族自治区。

3.  She is one year senior to me. 她比我年长一岁。

4.But when I come to be reading,I prefer to be by myself.
    当我读书时,我宁愿独处。

5.On the whole,I'm quite outgoing. 总的来说,我的性格还是比较开朗的。

6.Have you sat for the National Examinations for Tourist Guides? 你参加过全国导游资格考试吗?sit for a examination 参加考试

7.If we engage you as a guide in Overseas Department,which section do you expect to work in, Asian Section,or European Section,  or American Section? 如果我们聘你为海外部的导游员的话,你希望在哪个科工作?亚洲科、欧洲科还是美洲科?

8.Speaking of America… 谈起美洲,……

9.Perhaps somewhere around July 20. 可能在 7 月 20 号左右。

10.If you fail to accept me,  I'll have to secure a position elsewhere. 如果你们不能录用我,我还得到别处去找工作。

Words and Expressions

identification n.鉴定,身份
    autonomous   a.自治的
    region n.地区,区域
    extroverted a.外向的
    introverted a.内向的
    outgoing a.开朗的、外向的
    etiquette n.礼仪,成规
    ethics n.伦理、道德
    transportation n.交通、运输
    accommodation n.膳宿
    the Imperial palace 故宫
    the Temple of Heaven  天坛
    the Summer Palace 颐和园
    section n.部门,分支
    only to mention… 仅举几例
    natural gesysters  n.自然喷泉
    the Grand Canyon  n.大峡谷
    Niagara Falls 尼亚加拉瀑布

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2009/4/21 22:12:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/5/3 9:13:17

本主题贴数25,分页: [1] [2] [3]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    406.250ms