新书推介:《语义网技术体系》
作者:瞿裕忠,胡伟,程龚
   >>中国XML论坛<<     W3CHINA.ORG讨论区     计算机科学论坛     SOAChina论坛     Blog     开放翻译计划     新浪微博  

• 首页
  • 登录
  • 注册
  • 软件下载
  • 资料下载
  • 核心成员
  • 帮助
  •   Add to Google

>> 计算机英语求助,计算机英语翻译互助
    [返回] 中文XML论坛 - 专业的XML技术讨论区休息区『 计算机英语 』 → [分享]How to Learn Any Language 30 查看新帖用户列表

发表一个新主题  发表一个新投票  回复主题  (订阅本版) 您是本帖的第 3788 个阅读者浏览上一篇主题  刷新本主题   树形显示贴子 浏览下一篇主题
     * 贴子主题: [分享]How to Learn Any Language 30 举报  打印  推荐  IE收藏夹 
       本主题类别:     
     telenglish 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

等级:大二期末(Java考了96分!)
      文章:100
      积分:349
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2006/4/20

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给telenglish发送一个短消息 把telenglish加入好友 查看telenglish的个人资料 搜索telenglish在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看telenglish的博客楼主
    发贴心情 [分享]How to Learn Any Language 30

How to Learn Any Language 30

I have many times ignited what looked like spontaneous street festivals by hailing groups of people on the sidewalk in the language I heard them speaking. They frequently stop, return the greeting, and then start hobnobbing with the people in my group, leading to laughs, the exchange of addresses, dates for later on, and, I suspect, even more! I’ve never understood the joy of bagging a bird or a deer and watching it fall to the ground. My joy is bagging strangers from other countries with the right greeting in the right language and watching them come to a halt and become old friends at once.
    The material payoffs of learning foreign languages are many and predictable, though perhaps a bit surprising in their scope. In early 1990 a friend told me he was looking to fill a job paying $650,000 a year; qualifications: attorney, knowledge of Russian, and willingness to relocate to Moscow. I prefer the psychological payoffs of studying foreign languages – pleasures so keep you could almost call them spiritual.
    They joy of a true mathematician escalates as he moves from algebra to trigonometry to calculus. Likewise, the joy of the true language lover escalates as he advances from what I call “Foreign 1” to “Foreign 2.” Foreign 1 is interpreting or translating (interpreters speak, translators write) from your native language to a foreign one. Foreign 2 is doing it from one language that’s foreign to you to another one that’s foreign to you.
    You are permitted to feel like Superman when you pull off such a feat. You are not permitted to act like Superman, nor are you permitted to let on that you feel like Superman. You mien should approximate that of a bored New York commuter telling a stranger how many stops there are between Grand Central Station and New Rochelle.
    The best Foreign 2 feeling I ever had was interpreting for Finns trying to communicate with Hungarians. Finnish and Hungarian are widely hailed as the most difficult languages in the world. They’re related to each other, but not in any way that’s
    helpful or even apparent. There aren’t five words remotely similar in the two languages, and a Hungarian and a Finn can no more understand each other than can a Japanese and a Pole.
    I long nurtured a dream of house lights coming up in the theatre. The theatre manager comes to centre stage and says, “Is there a Finnish-Hungarian interpreter in the house?” I wait until he repeats his request louder so that everyone in the theatre will get a load of those qualifications. I then, in the fantasy, grudgingly make my presence and, by implication, my suitability for the assignment known. I rise and approach whatever emergency it is that requires my linguistic talents, while those hundreds of theatre goers gasp at their relative inadequacies.
    Something like that actually did light up my life for an evening and then some. I was invited by a well known woman broadcaster to join another couple who had invited her and a guest to a Madison Square Garden horse show. I’d never dated her before. I felt outclassed in the glamour department, and I was uncomfortable as we four wound our way through that upper crust crowd looking for our places.
    Suddenly I was spotted by Anna Sosenko, lyricist, writer, theatre producer, and dealer in the memorabilia of show business worldwide and down through the ages. Anna wrote, among other biggies, the song “Darling, Je Vous Aime Beaucoup.”
    “Hey, Barry,” Anna yelled out over the crowd from about twenty rows away. “Can you come by my studio next week? I need you to translate some Ibsen!”
    Remember what that sudden spinach infusion did for Popeye’s biceps in the animated cartoons? That’s exactly what happened to my standing in the foursome after Anna’s outcry. My date and her friends turned to me. “Ibsen? You translate Ibsen? Where did you learn to translate Ibsen?”
    They may very well not have known what language Henrik Ibsen wrote in. Never mind! You don’t have to be absolutely sure which country a prince is a prince of in order to show respect, as long as you’re sure he’s a real prince. Likewise, with Anna Sosenko doing the yelling, everybody was convinced I could bring Ibsen to life in English.

[URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn]学英语[/URL]        [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixun1/index.htm]广州学英语[/URL]        [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixundianhuayingyu/index.htm]广州在线学英语[/URL]        [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixunyoushi/index.htm]广州网络学习英语[/URL]      [URL=http://www.telenglish.com.cn/yingyupeixunzhenduikehu/index.htm]广州英语学习网站[/URL]

收藏   分享  
    顶(0)

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2007/4/26 18:36:00

hjx_221 帅哥哟,离线,有人找我吗?

威望:7
      等级:博士一年级
      文章:4607
      积分:24021
      门派:XML.ORG.CN
      注册:2004/8/30

姓名:(无权查看)
    城市:(无权查看)
    院校:(无权查看)
    给hjx_221发送一个短消息 把hjx_221加入好友 查看hjx_221的个人资料 搜索hjx_221在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看hjx_221的博客2
    发贴心情 
    自從回了帖後,我腰不酸,背不疼,腳不抽筋,走路也有勁。您瞧瞧咱身體倍棒,吃飯嘛香嘿...還真對得起咱這張帖!

----------------------------------------------
    初从文,三年不中;后习武,校场发一矢,中鼓吏,逐之出;遂学医,有所成。自撰一良方,服之,卒~ 
    http://hjx221.blogger.org.cn/

点击查看用户来源及管理<br>发贴IP:*.*.*.* 2007/4/28 13:22:00

GoogleAdSense

等级:大一新生
      文章:1
      积分:50
      门派:无门无派
      院校:未填写
      注册:2007-01-01
    给Google AdSense发送一个短消息 把Google AdSense加入好友 查看Google AdSense的个人资料 搜索Google AdSense在『 计算机英语 』的所有贴子 访问Google AdSense的主页 引用回复这个贴子 回复这个贴子 查看Google AdSense的博客广告
    2024/5/11 7:08:29

本主题贴数2,分页: [1]

管理选项修改tag | 锁定 | 解锁 | 提升 | 删除 | 移动 | 固顶 | 总固顶 | 奖励 | 惩罚 | 发布公告
    W3C Contributing Supporter! W 3 C h i n a ( since 2003 ) 旗 下 站 点
    苏ICP备05006046号《全国人大常委会关于维护互联网安全的决定》《计算机信息网络国际联网安全保护管理办法》
    46.875ms